LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Seema Bansal   04 July 2018

monetary dependence

I am married (14yrs) and having two children. I am B.tech engineer. when my marriage got fix, I had to left my job. after marriage I started tuition classes but that also I had to give up due to suspicious nature of my husband. now as I am completely a non working woman he also don't give me money to spend on my own. I am totally dependent on his mood. every time when he fights with me, I always got in fear of, what if he refused to bring me vegetables or grocery ( however it never happened. he always brought the households and grocery) )
he also threatens me of giving divorce. But due to my situation of my kids studies, I am not able to take divorce.
I want to know, is there any provision in law, abiding with which he had to pay me some money regularly for my expenses. as my daughter wants to take tutions , but he is not ready and I don't have money to pay fees.
pls tell how I can get some pocket money while living with him without divorce.
kindly help

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     04 July 2018

Discuss your problem with elders of family from both sides. Legally you and your Childers are entitled on money earned by your husband. But taking legal course will bitter your relation, so it is better to take help of elders from both families.

(Guest)

No doubt there is option in Laaw to get relief but what people don’t tell you is how difficult it is to get relief from court.  First of all court case move dead slow.  Half of the supposed money you will get your advocate will eat. Say 10000 ordered. In that each month you will spend 3000 on lawyer and 2000 on going and coming to court.   And your husband will pay definite that is no guarantee.  Like above 3 people replied he will also contact another 10 lawyers who will suggest how to fool court and you.

Why your husband developed attitude like that of doubting you.  What lead to this situation you and your husband alone know.

If you put arzi and come and stand before court what will court do, just give dates.  Fed up your slipper become thin and your knees develop arthritis you will be made to roam to court.

Marriage is about adjustment.

14 years is too long time to complain about husband and adjusting nature.  Divorce should be taken only in intitial years.  Now taking divorce also wont look good.  Plus children headache.  Best to adjust with husband or find good job and move out of the house.  Join some call center they pay 20000 easily for your English alone.  Per month.  Think that way.   But don’t file divorce or other case or your children life spoil.

How did you get into all this?  Did you not think about marriage before you jumped in?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register