Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sant kumar gupta (properietor)     18 August 2010

misuse of my phone number

respected sir

a person misusing my landline number had applied for a credit card in icicic bank....he got the credit card from the bank,but now he is not paying the dues of credit card,now the bank authority r making calls on my number and r saying to make the payment,when i told the bank that this is wrong number?...then i came to know about this whole incident..???..plz advice me what action should i take on the fellow who has given my wrong number to the bank.and got the credit card....plz help.....he has cheated me......

Learning

4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     18 August 2010

collect the details of the person from the bank and lodge a police complaint for misusing your fone number

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     18 August 2010

file a fir in concerning police station immidiatly.and also inform to the concerning depatments in written.

Sant kumar gupta (properietor)     18 August 2010

thanx a lot sirjee......under which section the fir will be lodged?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 August 2010

You may discreetly find out from the local branch of the bank in whose name and address the credit card is issued. 

You may write to the Local Branch Manager of the bank, MD of the bank , citing the details of the phone calls being made by the bank at your phone number, and  mention that the phone number is wrong, and ask the bank to stop the phone calls and unneccessary,  harrassment being caused to you.You may obtain acknowledgment of your letter from the bank.

You may lodge a written complaint with the police addressed to SHO, and SSP/Police commissioner,citing the details and obtain the registration number  vide which your complaint is registered by the police.

Before issuing the card bank as per the bank manual/procedure is supposed to conduct varification. If the bank has proceeded to issue the card on the basis of wrong details, bank is liable.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register