LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumarreddy (student)     09 September 2018

Minor marriage widow

Hi sir. My brother married minor girl and now my brother died. For proof we have marriage invitation card. So she has rights on ancestral and self acquired property of brother. Please advice.

Learning

3 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     09 September 2018

Hindu wife has right or one share in the self acquired property of wife along with mother of the deceased Hindu husband and all his children. Wife also has right or one share in the share of the husband in the ancestral property. If you're thinking that your brother married a minor and his marriage was null and void because of this reason, than forget it, marriage was valid and het right as wife exists.
1 Like

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     09 September 2018

Hindu wife has right or one share in the self acquired property of wife along with mother of the deceased Hindu husband and all his children. Wife also has right or one share in the share of the husband in the ancestral property. If you're thinking that your brother married a minor and his marriage was null and void because of this reason, than forget it, marriage was valid and her right as wife exists.

kumarreddy (student)     09 September 2018

Thank yuo sir. Now my father filed partition suit in the court by putting all ancestral property and self acquired aquired property of his deceased son. Now my mother wil get share from his deceased son property right?. Whether my father need to file separate partition suit on deceased son self acquired property to get my mother share. Please suggest me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register