LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anand Rai   09 May 2022

Middle name missed on sale deed and seller is not ready for rectification

Hi, at the time of sale deed my middle name missed.i noticed 1 month later and since then am following up with the seller to perform rectification deed initially she was saying she will come in some time but now after 15 months she has blocked all door for me. Local lawyer is saying legal notice and further steps will take time and money..your issue is minor it can be solved by affidavit.  Can you guys please suggest what to do.

Learning

6 Replies

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     09 May 2022

Affidavit will suffice the purpose. For mental satisfaction, you can go for rectification.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 May 2022

If you are in the possession and if the property is mutated in your name, stop worrying and disturb the seller who was away and let things take its own time.  Act as per your local advocate's guidance.

R Venkateshwarlu   10 May 2022

Rectification is not necessary, and when transfer the property to others then only you can file an affidavit before Registration authority by declaring that 'your name@your Regd. document name" i.e. two names are belongs to you only and the same may be registered in next Registration document and problem will be solved

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     10 May 2022

Hello,

Yes, the affidavit is sufficient. You can file an affidavit that the names belong to you and you are the same person at the time of the next transaction registration. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 May 2022

Yes, the discfepency could be explained through an affidavit.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     11 May 2022

Whether middle name matters your title over the purchased property ?

No, it doesn't make any difference, I feel so.

How does an affidavit make good the discrepancy, if any ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register