LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yuvika (service)     15 June 2009

Need Divorce

Sir, i had married with a guy,  in court in 2006 due to intercast.  But since we are not living together. His family is high status n against to me. After lot of conflicts he failed to took me at his home. Therefore we are blaming each other n the result is that i dont want to live with him. As he has all Documents along with him so he blackmail me to do whatever his desire.Sir he torture me alot as threatning me " I will destroy your social life or I'll kill you"

i m very scared. Kindly help in the matter. Even i dont want to live with him

Learning

6 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     15 June 2009

hello Yuvika, its been a common problem among the couples these days, esp in case of intercaste love marriages. before making such decision of divorce, pls try to calm down the things, make an effort for reconcilliation so that marriage could be saved. if the things do not materalise then u have various legal tools to deal with. u can ask for maintenance from ur husband, u can ask for accomdation from ur husband, u can seek protection also. in case u r not having money to contest ur case, then u can approach the local legal services authority to arrange a lawyer for u or u may ask for a lawyer on this website also. ur husband might be having the complete documents but he is not in position to harm u, if u feel threatend then u may approach local police authorities or National Commission for Women. but before resorting to any criminal litigation i ll again advise u that again try to restore to normal relationship, if the things do not materialise then make sure the separation is done with mutual consent. visit some local lawyer for furhter help. Kiran 09814303538
1 Like

(Guest)

NANDKUMAR B.SAWANT.M.COM.LL.B.(MUMBAI),ADVOCATE

MOBILE. 09325226691,09271971251

e.mail.adv.nbsawant@yahoo.co.in

e.mail.nandkumarbs@sify.com

REGARDING THE MARRIAGE IN COURT AND HARASSMENT BY HUSBAND KINDLY NOTE THAT

1.YOU SHOULD NOT BE AFRAID OF THE PERSON .AS YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO STAY WITH HIM.

2.YOU MAY STAY SEPERATELY WITH YOUR PARENTS OR IN A SEPERATE ACCOMODATION .

3.YOUR MARRIAGE SEEMS TO BE A REGISTERED COURT MARRIAGE. AS YOU HAVE NOT MENTIONED THE RELIGION , I SUPPOSE YOU ARE MARRIED UNDER HINDU MARRIAGE ACT OR ANY OTHER ACT, YOU HAVE TO FILE A PETITION FOR DIVORCE IN THE COURT MENTIONING ALL GROUNDS.

4. YOU MAY FILE A CASE UNDER THE PROVISIONS OF PROTECTION OF WOMEN FROM DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ACT. AND YOU MAY CLAIM  INTERIUM MAINTAINENCE, PERMANENT ONE TIME MAINTAINENCE AND ALSO A SEPERATE SHARE TO RESIDE AT YOUR MATRIMONIAL HOME AND ALSO CAN SEEK A PROTECTION ORDER FROM THE COURT.

5 IN CASE THE PERSON IS HARASSING YOU THEN YOU MAY FILE A POLICE COMPLAINT FOR HARASSMENT AND MONEY DEMANDS BY THE OTHER SIDE.

KINDLY NOTE THAT THESE ARE ONLY THE LAW PROVISIONS TO PROTECT THE MARRIED WOMAN FROM HARASSMENT.BUT IN CASE YOU WANT TO RESOLVE THE MATTER PERMANENTLY IT IS ADVISIBLE TO FILE THE DIVORCE PETITION AND GET RID OF THE PROBLEM FOR EVER.

WITH BEST REGARDS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

IN CASE YOU NEED ANY FURTHER HELP KINDLY SEND DETAILS

THANKING YOU

YOURS SINCERELY

NANDKUMAR B. SAWANT.,M.COM.LL.B.(MUMBAI),ADVOCATE

Gopal Krishna Behera (Advocate Orissa High Court Cuttack.)     19 June 2009

I agree with Mr. Kiran Kumar. Thanks to all.

Dharmesh Manjeshwar (Advocate/Lawyer)     19 June 2009

hello Yuvika, more than 2 years into your marriage and still there has been no acceptance from his parents ..... thats not a good sign .... you mention he blackmails u and fulfils his desires ... do you mean he forces you for s*xual gratification ? he is only using you then ... you have to be careful and take care of yourself .... you can file complaint/s with the police if he is threatening you .....

it seems that you have now decided to separate and get a divorce ..... well if you have decided, then you need to file a divorce petition in the family court on the grounds of cruelty and if you want maintenance  u can seek that too from the family court.

U fail to tell exactly a to what documents he has .... if it's only your marraige documents ... then no worries ... but your curricular documents will matter as you will need them in future.

Do take a permanent stand and improve your life.

Yuvika (service)     22 June 2009

Firstly i m grateful to u as u thought given a reply to me. thanks alot sir,

for further detail, he has all docs regarding the marriage. and i dont have even a single paper related to that marriage.

Yuvika (service)     22 June 2009

Thanks Mr. Nandkumar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register