LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lifeasitis (private)     18 July 2013

Matrimonial residence


Want to know if a flat jointly owned by wife and husband can be considered as matrimonial home and if wife has right to stay in it with her children considering it as matrimonial home. My husband is forcing me to stay in rented house near his parent's house and give my kid to his mother despite of fact that kid always returned sick whenever she kept kid forcefully taking away kid from me. I allowed this to happen 5 times due to my husband's threats and now I kept my foot down that I can't sacrifice my kid to save my marriage.

My mil herself threatened me of second marriage to his son many times so I denied staying with her owing to my safety. Whenever my kid hospitalises after staying with them..my husband says it increases his immunity to cover their mistakes..my mil never maintains hygiene ..she just wants to keep kid by force..

Since am working..and have to forever as my husband never paid single rupee to maintain my kid or for myself so far..I have to keep my kid in some one's hands..can't I keep my kid with my parents to look after while am in office?? As a mother..won't I have right to choose where my kid would be safe??

I requested my husband many times to stay in our own flat as we spent lot of money and loans on it? Don't I have any right to decide where I can stay despite of spending so much money..?? I asked him to bring his parents to flat whenever they wish to see the kid..they are already taken care at home by another brother who always stays at home..and flat we bought is half hour drive from their home..


 6 Replies

Gaurav (Agent)     21 July 2013

Move with your husband... Ghar pyaar se banta hai conditions se nahi... MIL is hygine??? Unhone hi aapkee husband ko paalaa hai so means husband too is not hygine??? Try to show sme respect to your MIL.. As ur mom as a mother u hav all right to decide where ur kid shud stay during ur absence.. Ur husband too have some rights... Sit wid ur husband discuss abt it.. Ur hasband hang brother doesnt mean ur husband dossnt hav any responsibility towards his parents... It seems ur parents residing vry close to ur current house????
1 Like

Lifeasitis (private)     21 July 2013

Hi Agent..Am here for a solution and don't want to have arguments with people like you. Please refrain yourself from unnecessary comments.

shriks........... (healyhcare)     22 July 2013

1. the advices are genuine.......
2. if you want a solution for 6-7 keep roaming in court halls.......

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     22 July 2013

it is your matirmonial home and you have everyright to stay in that house and also one more thing

1. if the food surving is not hygine then talk to your MIL to provide and also give them some tips what you know 

2. may be the flat was given for rent and the amount came from rent is utilised to pay loan 

3. if you are also working means there is ample chances for your kid to be at MIL because they will take a lot of care so it is your kid so you should provide better facilities at you MIL if they cannot then you should provide those situations in there house 

4. why this tips i am giving because do not go seriously and spoil your happy married life which may sometimes leads to unwanted disturbances in life

NGOKC (pm)     27 July 2013

Legally it is a matrimonial home for you


@ lady,


I agree with gaurav.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register