Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priya Mary (n/a)     15 February 2008

Maternity Benefit

Hi,
I would like to know, if there is any compensation benefit for female employees who go on maternity leave, other than ESI benefit? especially during probation period.
I joined as a HR Executive in a private concern, when I was carrying my child (3rd month), as a Probationer for six months. After 5 months from DOJ, I gave birth to my kid. I was not covered under ESI. I didnt qualify for the Company's Mediclaim Maternity Benefit either. So I didnt receive any compensation from the company, since I was on Probation.The three months went as Loss of Pay.
During the same period, there was another employee who recd her monthly salary each month, from the company, during her maternity leave, as she was a permanent employee.
Kindly give me the details of maternity benefit.
Thanks & regards,
Priya

Learning

10 Replies

Guest (n/a)     15 February 2008

Thanks for joining me

anupam_advocate (n/a)     16 February 2008

u counsalt with ur legal or management cell,

soulofvalbooj (n/a)     18 February 2008

yes. read 15th feb 2008 "economic times" it is given that the celing limit has increased from2,500 to 3,500 (amending maternity benefit act) with regards valbooj

anupam_advocate (n/a)     19 February 2008

thanx

Sowmya Pillai (HR Executive)     22 February 2008

I'm not clear wid ur replies.. can u clarify me whether employees in probationary period are eligible for maternity benefit? Is there any rule like an employee is eligible only if she has worked for particular period like 6 months or something like that..

Sowmya Pillai (HR Executive)     22 February 2008

One more query, take for example if an employee is eligible for maternity benefit and if she is leaving the organisation a month or sometime later after delivery how will it be considered? I think am pestering wid so many queries, hope that u people wont get irritated in clearing my doubts...

soulofvalbooj (n/a)     24 February 2008

she should work for atleat 60 days. employee in probationary period donot get maternity benefit. after delivery when she wants to leave the organisation. she will get only the maternity benefit on only 3 weeks before the delivery. from valbooj

Manisha Rachael Pallat (Sr. HR Consultant)     27 February 2008

Hi, Is there any law that an individual should have worked in the respective company for atleast a minimum period of 60 days to claim a maternity benefit or is it left to the sole discretion of the Company's HR Policies? Pls clear this for me as this topic gets alot more confusing than i thought. Cheers! Manisha

Akhil Gupta (Asst. Mgr.- HR & Administration)     27 February 2008

I think it is 80days.

Guest (n/a)     28 February 2008

I have not understood by the term "ceiling effect" whihc you have mentioed in ur reply...coul you please explain me this??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register