Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gayathri (bde)     15 August 2013

Marrying uncle who is already married?

My friend (who is 26 old now, working in a MNC) is in love with her uncle(her mother's sister husband), they have 2 children, now my friend wants to marry her uncle, where her uncle is ready to apply for a divorce with his wife. His wife also accepted to give divorce to him. After divorce could my friend marry her Uncle or is there any legal problems for her, please advice?

My friends family is against this but she is ready to leave her family and get married to her uncle after he gets his divorce? How long does it take to get divorce? and if she marries him, would it be legally accepted as the relationship is like Father and daughter?

Please advice as how to handle this critical situvation?



 18 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     15 August 2013

she cannot marry her uncle because it falls under degree of prohibited relationship, this marriage will have no legtimacy.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 August 2013

  • she cannot marryher uncle unless local custom allow
  • divorce is not so easy


are you interested to help her in her venture tospoil so many lives.

Vijay Kumar (Advocate)     15 August 2013

Very sad state of affairs

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     15 August 2013

My friends family is against this but she is ready to leave her family and get married to her uncle

if she marries him, would it be legally accepted as the relationship is like Father and daughter


Sudhar jao ... before its too late ...


I appreciate your tension that how much you are bothered to get your freind marry to her own uncle.


why not you marry to her uncle....?


it will not come under prohibited marriage.


Shame on the thinking & asking of such querry, as the person whom you are asking  is married, having childs and in relation it is same as her Father.


Sahi me Sudhar Jao........Before public not throws stone on both of them.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     16 August 2013

murdabaad ... murdabaad ...

1 Like

NGOKC (pm)     16 August 2013

its their personal affair let it be

Inlegal terms not allowed thats what matters

Uday Kant Jha (aaaa)     16 August 2013

Dear All, I want know how to get prove the man is done secoend mariage without geting devoice or he is in leaving relation with woman. if any child is bron in this relationship. In that case how to prove in court. please suggest.


Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 August 2013

This forum is for those who are in trouble and need really lawful and moralsolution.  This site is not for those whoare yet to be in trouble by planning illegality or immorality.

1 Like

Adv.Vandana Vaidya (Advocate & Regd. Patent Attorney)     17 August 2013

Marriages are dealt under the personal laws and customary laws. If any such custom is prevalent you friend can marry her uncle. However, I do not know of any such custom which allows one to marry her mausha (mothers sisters husband). This situation is dangerous as this Uncle seems to have no morals, where he is ready to leave his wife who has given him 2 children for a young girl that too his wife’s sister’s daughter. He is a pukka cheat and indulgent in worldly matters. I think you must advice your friend against marrying this Uncle and spoiling so many lives and her relationship in her own family. Probably this is just infatuation towards this uncle as in this age loneliness makes one get into unnecessary activities  and she will forget this uncle soon. Ask your friend to take a transfer through her company to some other place where she would be far off from this uncle. Another advice is once the initial charm is worn out, your friend will definitely repent for her acts and who knows and this uncle may catch hold of another woman thereafter and put your friend into the same situation as he has done to her aunt.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     17 August 2013

immoral & against public policy customs are never upheld by courts.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     17 August 2013

Raj123 ...


kya discussion chal raha hai ... wo samzo

why put 498a in this ??

NGOKC (pm)     17 August 2013

@raj123 per indian law no child can be b*st*rdised

child enjoys equal claim to ancestral / father property if proven


A Old saying is there as everything is fair in love and war but after reading this thread and query I come to the new saying ---------Everything is fair in s*x ,s*x and only s*x...

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query