I and my first cousin are Hindu and both r major. We want to get married to each other but the Hindu marraige act and special marriage act does not allow it due to the degree of prohibited relationship.
I came accross these reports in google search:-
It seems that we both can convert to christianity and get married in church.
1. Will our marriage be legal in the eyes of law?
2. Do we need to get our church marriage registered under special marriage act?
3. The special marriage act also has the "degree of prohibited relationships", so how will it be legal for us.
4. What legal action can my parents and my cousin's parents take against us?
5. my cousin's parents are also threatening us about honour killings, etc. So what steps can we legally take to save our lives as well as harresment.
Thank you very much in advance.