LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh   31 May 2017

Marriage void?

After my wife died, I married another girl, who is a divorcee.  My 2nd wife left me in one day saying my male power is not up to her expectation.  I was really shocked and I have a daughter through my first wife.  I took all hormone tests and penile doppler test, which came normal, so I requested the girl and her family to send the girl.  They denied and made dummy complaint in women police station saying "difference of opinion and girl is not willing to live together"  Inspector asked me to return the utensils, mixie, grinder, cot, bureau, etc of her that she brought to my home and she returned the jewels that I had put for her during marriage.  Police compelled me to sign a letter which states "I received the jewels that I had put for my wife during marriage and I returned the items of her, and I will seek the court for divorce"  My wife signed a similar letter.

Later I learned through broker that she had similar complaints with her 1st marriage and she did not get divorce decree from her 1st husband, instead a letter of separation signed by both family members.   I don't know any details of her 1st husband family.

Mine was a simple marriage in a temple attended by 30 persons and our marriage was not registered.  

1) Is my marriage void as she is not legally divorced from her 1st husband?  

2) We have been seperated for nearly 2 years, Now I want to apply for divorce.  Can she claim maintanence?

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Ramesh
After my wife died, I married another girl, who is a divorcee.  My 2nd wife left me in one day saying my male power is not up to her expectation.  I was really shocked and I have a daughter through my first wife.  I took all hormone tests and penile doppler test, which came normal, so I requested the girl and her family to send the girl.  They denied and made dummy complaint in women police station saying "difference of opinion and girl is not willing to live together"  Inspector asked me to return the utensils, mixie, grinder, cot, bureau, etc of her that she brought to my home and she returned the jewels that I had put for her during marriage.  Police compelled me to sign a letter which states "I received the jewels that I had put for my wife during marriage and I returned the items of her, and I will seek the court for divorce"  My wife signed a similar letter.

Later I learned through broker that she had similar complaints with her 1st marriage and she did not get divorce decree from her 1st husband, instead a letter of separation signed by both family members.   I don't know any details of her 1st husband family.

Mine was a simple marriage in a temple attended by 30 persons and our marriage was not registered.  

2) We have been seperated for nearly 2 years, Now I want to apply for divorce.  Can she claim maintanence?

You need following items.

Proof of her first marriage. Photo video, some person who can testify in court.

File this and get your marriage annuled.

Without proof, dont file diovrce.

If you simply file divorce, she will file maintenance case.  You will pay alimony till you die. Roam to court till your hair turn white.

She went, headache gone. Be happy. Yours already part 2, hers also part 2. Marriage looks good once.  divorce also looks good once only.  After getting married once and divorced once, neither marriage looks good, nor divorce.  

If you both dont have work, then pursue matter. Or else put wet turkey towel on head and sleep.

Choosee wisely.

(Guest)

In marriage, once a failure, always a failure.

Advocate G. Mungaru ( Associate Advocate)     31 May 2017

Originally posted by : Ramesh

Are you still not staisfied with 2 marriages that you want to go for third time divorce?

You hae been sufficently adviced by adv ram babu.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More