LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srinivas (.)     28 April 2017

Marriage date mentioned wrongly in divorce orders

Sir, Marrigae happend on 22-12-2013. Later wife sent Divorce legal notice to me on 23.12.2014 and Later she filed divorce in family court in Mar'2015. Family court given Divorce to wife on Mar'2017. 

In the DIVORCE ORDER COPY Marriage date metioned wrongly "that Marriage happend on 22-02-2013 " and remaining details all are correct except marriage date (Actually Marriage happend on 22-12-2013 but in the Divorce orders mentioned marriage happend on 22-02-2013). 
In the Divorce order copy Marrage date mentioned below

"In the result, the petition is allowed and the marriage between the petitioner by name and the respondent solemnized on 22.02.2013 is hereby dissolved and a decree of divorce shall be passed accordingly. No costs.".

Please advise wheather these Divorce orders are valid or not and please advsie how to proceed this.  Thanks for your time.


 5 Replies

Lawyer, Bonum Lex LLP (Law Firm)     28 April 2017

You can submit an application regarding the same in the same Court only and get a new amended divorce decree.

Srinivas (.)     28 April 2017

Sir, Thanks a lot for your quick response and time. Till I submit an application in court, Existing Divorce Decree is valid or not? Please advise. Thanks a lot for ur time.

Lawyer, Bonum Lex LLP (Law Firm)     01 May 2017

Amendment of divorce decree is not a much time taking process. I will not suggest for the submission of present divorce decree untill it's not required on urgent basis as it will increase only complexity in future .

Srinivas (.)     01 May 2017

Sir, Thanks for ur time and quick response. You mean to say, "Not required to submit present Divorce Decree for correction" If I submit it will get increase complexity in future". Am I correct?. Please advise. Thanks.

Lawyer, Bonum Lex LLP (Law Firm)     02 May 2017

I am sorry that I couldn't clarify you properly. Certainly you have to submit this wrong dated divorce decree in the concerned Court for correction of date. I meant to say that kindly don't submit it anywhere else out of court for any purpose (Like if you are planning for a Arya Smaj Mandir marriage or Court marriage).

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register