Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     09 May 2010

Marital insurance

Dear friends,

In my opinion insurance companies should come forward for insurance for matrimonial breakdown and litigations. This would be  highest risk zone in the feild of insurance but the insurance companies will be serving the society by helping the litigants in several ways. They may also form mediation and conciliation cells so as to resolve the disputes outside the court.

I cordially invite your views and  in this regard.

Learning

6 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     09 May 2010

Dear Dr.Tripathi, it is Briliant idea. Does it mean on the bassis of fault liability like the MACT?

1 Like

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     09 May 2010

THE IDEA IS VERY GOOD, BUT IRDA HAS TO GO IN TO IT CONDUCT SOME WORK SHOPS, EVEN INITIATE SOME SCHOLARS TO DO RESEARCH. GIVE IT AS TOPIC TO SOME ORGANISATION/NGO/UNIVERSITIES  TO COME OUT WITH SOLUTION. 

THE PVT INSURER ARE GREEDY IN MAKING MONEY THEY SHOW ANOTHER 498A STORY, AS PER MY EXPERIENCE WITH THESE GUYS.

ANY HOW ,SOME INNOVATION MUST BE BROUGHT TO THE ABOVE AREA /NECESSARILY SOME ACT HAS TO BE MADE OR AMENDED IN THE( EXISTING )MATRIMONIAL ACTS. 

1 Like

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     09 May 2010

If MVA is a piece of social welfare legislation why not it covered  matrimonial cases too for a spouse who falls in the hands of unfortunate spouse?

Thank you friends for taking interest in the topic. In my speculation  the people will take more interest in matrimonial insurance than life or any other risks. The insurance companies will work out the modalities and risk coverages. Litigation risk may also be covered and as a social obligation as well as for their own benefit the insurer may make a scheme for mediation and reconciliation of  disputes  providing  the spouses a common platform to resolve their misunderstandings and points of difference. In my opinion, one of  the main reasons for matrimonial disputes is lack of communication and common guardian. The isurer may fulfil this gap also.

Originally posted by :Dr. V.N. Tripathi
"
Thank you friends for taking interest in the topic. In my speculation  the people will take more interest in matrimonial insurance than life or any other risks. The insurance companies will work out the modalities and risk coverages. Litigation risk may also be covered and as a social obligation as well as for their own benefit the insurer may make a scheme for mediation and reconciliation of  disputes  providing  the spouses a common platform to resolve their misunderstandings and points of difference. In my opinion, one of  the main reasons for matrimonial disputes is lack of communication and common guardian. The isurer may fulfil this social requirement also.

"

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register