Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

HASANBASHA (Young Advocate)     25 January 2016

Mandamus writ


  Our ancestor lands were grabbed by some people, we lodged the complaint before ( Sep. 2011 ) grabbing the land. complained to the Collector, Thasildar, Registrar etc.. Instead of preventing the land grabing they helped them to grab the land. The lands were charged before i.e. leased to some one on 1953 and the lease agreement was also registered in the concern register authority. Land grabbed on Oct. 2012. 

          For the past three years S.P. and Thasiltar used to conduct the meeting and assured us they will transfer the title to the original owner  but they did not do anything just they were trying to finish the limitation period, so we can not file the case. we don't have any proof for this meeting, just they called through mobile and conducted the meeting. I am asking the experts that can we file the Mandamous writ  against these officials in the High court? Is there any limitation period to file this writ? I will be very thankful to you  if I get the solution.


 1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     25 January 2016

File a complaint in land grabbing tribunals at your land area.the incidents of land grabbing, the Supreme Court has cautioned the judiciary to be careful in granting title to the claimants on ground of adverse possession of such land. The court also took a note of the connivance of land grabbers with the authorities to raise illegal constructions and regularisation of their illegal possession.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register