Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lawhands (manager)     19 April 2011

Maintenance Proceedings

Hi,I need advice from experts:

The wife filed Mainteneace case .Husband did not appear to the court. The first notice summons were delivered but the family did not accept.So what is the course of action to be adopetd?

SO for next hearing new summons will be issued and sent.

SO my question is how many times the same thing will be repeated and is there any action taken if husband doesnt accept summons?

ALso can the summons be delivered to office address where a person works? 


 4 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     19 April 2011

maximum three time send notice, and last chance is give publice notice in newpaper, if you not present the court, the court may give exparte order against you.

O. Mahalakshmi (Law practiece)     19 April 2011

If summons not taken then the Court will issue NBW (Non Bailable Warrant) to the Respondent.  But you have to ascertain the correct address of the Respondnet by required efforts through a Court of Law.  So have to publish the notice in Local News Paper.

Deep (k)     19 April 2011

three times notice and then publication

after that exparte case will start

all this will take time

after a little long time, exparte order

I don't think any NBW

No NBW......... enjoy......

lawhands (manager)     26 April 2011

What if the husband has gone out of india.and will return after some mnths.

but his family not revealing his wehreabouts.

also he had 498a conditional bail-not 2 go out of india.then how come he has gone?

now what about the notices?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query