LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramsh (engineer)     23 May 2012

Maintenance claim even after mcd

Today we file mutual divorce petition. In our agreement and in our divorce petition it is mentioned that my wife will not claim any maintenance in future. But as per some recent judgments any agreement against the public law is not valid and women cannot be debarred from maintenance by any agreement. In future after passing the divorce decree if my wife claim any maintenance, whether I can submit the evidences in court that I was ready to take back my wife and I was ready to maintain my wife and without sufficient reason she left my house. Whether such evidences shall be accepted by the court after passing mutual divorce decree. So that I not have to pay any maintenance.

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

Did you gave some lum sum amount to her during MCD?

Ramsh (engineer)     26 May 2012

No

manish (cdsdfasd sdf)     01 June 2012

@ramesh,

as per tajobs post, he recommended that a token amount should always be mentioned which making MCD. So give her money, even if its a token amount of Rs 1. This will entail that money was paid during MCD

NiceManMyself (self)     02 June 2012

Ramsh - You have mutually agreed for divorce and filed MCD. I am not sure whether court will accept that you are ready to accept and live with her after filing MCD (unless both of you agree and withdraw the case).

Your question is valid, even i would like to know the answer. Can wife claim share in property in future once MCD is granted by court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register