LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit   12 June 2020

Ma

Dear Experts My wife has filed cases such as 498a dowry act in allahabad HC, DV in Agra court and maintenance in family court. The cases are in WIP stage for last 5 years. We are living separately for last 6 years and I am giving interim maintenance to her levied under DV act. We have one daughter aged 7 years living with my wife in Agra. As the court proceedings are halt due to covid19, they are threatening to us they will come to our residence in Ghaziabad and leave my wife there forcefully. They are ruthless people who can do any nuisance with us as they have settings with different people. I am seeking legal advice can wife claim to live with her husband in matrimonial house if DV and 498a cases are under trial without consent of husband? How can we protect ourselves? Thanks Amit I Aggarwal

Learning

1 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     13 June 2020

It would be better to reconcile and settle the issues with your wife and save the married life which shall be beneficial for both of you and your daughter.

Your wife and daughter has a right to stay with you in the "shared household", even if you are reluctant.. 

You have been contesting many cases through your lawyer purposely engaged and paid, what is his / her opinion / advise follow it,  as s/he is well aware about the facts and circumstances of the cases and an able, competent and intelligent enough to satisfy you.

It may cause harm to you if you rely upon the obligation of experts on this platform, although it is available FREE OF COST, however, our opinion / advise is based upon limited facts posted by you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register