Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S C KHOSLA (Ex - Scientist `F`& Head (SPPD))     01 January 2012

Lok pal bill and common man

Lok Pal Bill and common man

I have a general  query on Lok Pal Bill. If Loksabha passes a bill and Rajyasabha passes the same bill with amendment(s). Than which becomes law of the land, first one passed by Loksabha or amended second passed by Rajya sabha. Or the second one is again reverted to Loksabha for passing it again with amendments. If in that case, Loksabha sticks to their first version, than what will be the fate of bill.

As the ruling party is having different arithmetic in both the houses, they knew very well, what can happen to Lok Pal Bill in Rajya sabha. The better strategy for ruling party would had been to call joint session of both the houses to pass the same bill with their scriptt in one stroke. The common man and nation would had understood their constraints and this would had stopped the opposition propaganda up to some extent. We all know that amendments to any act can be brought any day by the ruling party of that day. At least, the nation would have liked a beginning on an issue which is there in academic circles from last 4 -5 decades. Presently, we got nothing. Let the countrymen judge - who was serious or who was not serious. Who won and who lost ?

Learning

5 Replies

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     01 January 2012

all political parties do not want LOKPAL.

mahendrakumar (marketing)     01 January 2012

No political party in our country want to pass the bill.

almost 60 years passed from the initial attempt for a similar bill.

eventhough,the bill will not be passed during the present term of the government,I expect the same to be materialised by the next government(who ever it is).

S C KHOSLA (Ex - Scientist `F`& Head (SPPD))     01 January 2012

The be positive spirit tells me to think that all were serious and gathered to pass the bill, but they are also human beings and their humen weaknesses to save their class from Lokpal forced them to do what thay did on that day or evening . Let us hope that some day, we will have Lokpal and it may make a change in nations work culture and life. All the best to Lokpal and their supporters including Govt. 

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     01 January 2012

It is now Lok Sabbha and Rajya Sabha Members versus People of India. This bill was kept in cold storage for more than half a century and they the (MPs' ) knows the consequences of this bill seing the light of the day, and so naturally they rejected it not only by UPA but others also acquiescences to it in killing the Lokpal Bill like killing the unborn child from the womb. But I must say that killing the bill is a Blessing in disguise, as it is a clarion call to the people of India to wake up from its slumber. Let us not be discouraged but keep singingb the song "We shall over come some day, Oh deep in my heart I do believe, we shall over come some day.

Vijay Khosla (Freelancer)     01 January 2012

If a free poll is taken on the outcome of lokpal bill, it is abundantly clear that most of us feel cheated! No single party seems to be sincerely interested in bringing the lokpal bill to its rightful conclusion. 

Therefore, I take solace in these lines....

"Woh Subah (morning) kabhi to aayegi...... Woh subah kabhi to aayegi....

(Film: Phir Subah Hogi- A Raj Kapoor film of 1958, Sung by Mukesh - Asha & Written by Sahir. This song was written more than half a century back, but is still relevant even today! )

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register