Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Kumar (Business Analyst)     28 December 2012

Lodging of fir u/s 3 of dowry prohibition act

Hi,

My wife's father has lodged a false F.I.R u/s 498 A, 323, 506, 313, 504 and 3/4 DP Act. In his F.I.R he has admiited giving huge dowry beyond his capacity at the time of marriage. I have made a complaint to Police to book my wife and her family in DP-3. But, the police didn't took any cognizance and didn't registered the F.I.R. I'm planning to move local court to get it lodged under section 156(3) Cr.P.C.

My lawyers have advised me to go forward as they are covered in DP-3 and in my police complaint I have specifically mentioned that the marriage that had happened was dowry less and I have not taken any dowry since they have cliamed to give huge dowry so they should also be booked under DP-3 based on their statement given to Police in F.I.R.

Another legal counsel advised me not to go for it as it would strengthen claim of demanding a dowry of Rs. 10 Lacs covered in section 4 of DP Act. But my point is section 3 and 4 of DP Act are entirely different things. Also, my in-laws have not submitted any list of dowry articles to court and police till date. So that is all a blantant lie. All learned counsels kindly advise me that whether should I get the FIR registered u/s 156(3) cr.p.c under DP-3 against my in-laws ans wife or Should I drop the idea as it would backfire on us?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register