LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lostkite   05 May 2016

Loc removal petition

LOC Removal Petition under what section this petiton should be drafted? whether it is advisable to file petition to the court after acquittal in criminal case. can anyone provide a sample of LOC removal Petition.  

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 May 2016

They are 2 different methods by which LOC can be cancelled or removed. For each method one will have to spend time, money, energy and resources. Choose the appropriate and applicable one according to your situation. For NRI’s Men, method 2 is most applicable one.

• Police – You will have finish the investigation and then request police officials to remove the LOC, which starts at the Level of IO. If its still not working then make representations to the originator who would be SP or DSP of that district. One has to be persistent and follow up regularly to get updates whether any action has been taken or not. If not, make further representations to make requests.
  • Court – Accused can approach court to get it removed as well. They are different levels of court you can approach not necessarily in below order
    1. Lower Court/ Trial Court – Filing the petition to remove LOC
    2. Session Court – Filing the petition to remove LOC
    3. High Court – Filing the petition under Cr.P.C 482 to remove LOC(Common practice by most NRI’s)
    4. Supreme Court – Filing the petition to remove LOC (I Sincerely hope no one has to take this step)

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 May 2016

Try to add value to the discussion, with your each post.

lostkite   07 May 2016

Seems method 2 is better approach. In my case i have acquittal . Last enquiry revealed that LOC is still continuiing. Now i dont know whether is continuing or not. i want to get it removed. clear instruction to police should be needed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register