LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

N.B.Lal (self employed)     08 August 2016

Linking of epf/ eps account

I served in an organization from March 1999 to September 2001, but did not take care to do anything about EPF account there. I again took up a job in August 2008 and continuing here till date. Now when I tried to get both EPF accounts linked for the purpose of completion of mandatory 10 years period for EPS pension purposes, I came to know that previous employer has not deposited any money in the EPF account either employee's contribution or employer's contribution. The account is visible in valid but inoperative accounts on EPFO site,and I have got it listed under my UAN also. My query is whether two accounts may be clubbed atleast for the purpose of counting the service period and completing the mandatory 10 years period for being eligible for EPS pension scheme?

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 August 2016

You have posted that:

"I again took up a job in August 2008 and continuing here till date. "

You have not completed 10Y in current employment.

"I served in an organization from March 1999 to September 2001, but did not take care to do anything about EPF account there."

You need this a/c to claim 10Y of service and hence benefit of pension.

"I came to know that previous employer has not deposited any money in the EPF account either employee's contribution or employer's contribution."

You should have cared to obtain PF a/c slips of each year.

Is this esdtablishment still operational or closed/liquidated?

Or listed in 'Defaulters' by EPFO?

You may lodge complaint with RPFC in jurisdictional PF office with a copy to Add. CPFC of th state, CPFC, under proper acknowledgment.

N.B.Lal (self employed)     08 August 2016

Dear Mr.Doab

I would like to know whether under the given cicumstances the previous EPF a/c tenure is addable to the present a/c  for the purpose of completing 10 years mandatory period?

The EPFO site says the previous EPF a/c is eligible to be linked to the present a/c.

Previous Organization is still in existence. 

Regards

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 August 2016

The tenure of 10Y includes PF contributions from past employment.

You may visit the nearest PF office and speak to PRO/APFC/RPFC about your matter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register