LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

neeraj s almeida (ABC)     08 November 2014

Licence require to start food processing unit.

what type of licence are require to start a small scale food processing unit

if i want to start a small scale food processing unit (canned meat product) what type of licence do i have to get?

how many licence should i have to get like food processing licence,food safty and food quality licence.

plz explain me in detail.




 2 Replies

Basavaraj (Asst, Manager-Legal)     10 November 2014

Dear Neeraj,

You will have to obtain [1] Food Safety & Standards license [FSSA license] for processing/marketing/manufacturing the food. This license will be issued by FSSAI authority from Govt of State. In Bangalore Dept of Health & Family will be issued under BBMP. For more details go through the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006.

[2]  Legal Metrology registration certificate [previosuly known as Weights & measures] to manufacture the products.

call me at 9902880244

Jai Karan Nagwan (consultant)     26 December 2014

1. Company registration (ROC) & Shop/ factory registration 2. Food safety licence 3. Service Tax regn. 4. VAT regn. 5. Legal Metrology. 6. Trade licence

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register