Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Balaji Sr.Section Engineer (Sr. Section Electrical Engineer)     11 November 2014

Lic claim

my father shri.lakshmi narayanan taken a LIC policy in may-2013 and he died on 19-apr-2014 due to AIDS.

i filled a claim at LIC with all documents but LIC rejected my claim stating diseases pre-existing.

the AIDS was first identified in him on 23-oct-2013 (i.e) after the policy is issued.

will i get my claim?

i have attached all my documents.

1.Forms of LIC

2.AIDS RESULT 

3.DEATH INTIMATION

ALL RELEVENT DOCUMENTS

Learning

5 Replies

V M DAHAKE (PROPRIETOR)     11 November 2014

Dear Sir,

You should be able to get the claim if you prove that your father was not aware of the disease when he took the insurance. Life insurance contracts are based on principle of good faith ( Ubberima Fide). Prospect is under duty to disclose all the conditions which he is aware of and which would have a bearing on the judgement of the insurer.

It is advisable to gather all facts, collect evidence and legally contest LIC's contention. You will have good chances if insurer does not have proper proof supporting existing condition or any other material concealment on the part of insured at the time of taking insurance. Also please read exclusion and other special clauses on policy if any..

Balaji Sr.Section Engineer (Sr. Section Electrical Engineer)     11 November 2014

sir, tamilnadu govenment given a certificate for first identification of disease. i have attached all documents

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 November 2014

Agreed with expert. Read exclusion criteria. Contest under guidance of your lawyer.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     13 November 2014

Onus to prove that complainant was suffering from pre-existing decease is on respondent LIC.Respondent has to prove this plea by cogent evidence.you have to submit all relevant documents of treatment with complaint  and prove the same by evidence/affidavit.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 November 2014

If the LIC division office has repudiated your claim, you may apply for review before the Zonal office, with proper explanations from your side, the Zonal office will certainly inspect all the papers and the details about the claim and decision taken by the competent authority at the divisional level, they will consider your appeal generously on humanitarian grounds, if they find your claim to be genuine, they have powers to set aside the decision of the lower authority and shall direct the branch official to settle the death claim.,  Write to the zonal authorities personally. No middlemen required for this, do not go by any agent's words or false promises.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register