LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SS (Other)     23 June 2012

Legality of temporary construction

Hello friends. This is a query regarding MCD by-laws and bulding laws, or any other applicable laws/regulations. 

Is there any sanction required from Municipality (or any other authority) for making a temporary room (portable cabin) on terrace? What must be borne in mind to ensure legality of raising this structure?

Learning

2 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     23 June 2012

The answer to the  query differs from State to state, as land laws differs from State to State. In my case, not the question of building constructions, but even Municipal Council Election itself could not be held due to objections by the land owners objecting to Municipal Elections. Better inquire the matter from your MunicipalCouncil or Municipal Board.

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     23 June 2012

As Assumi sir said the laws differ fro state to state so you should see your state laws particularly. However, in my opinion if the structure is not of bricks and cement i.e not a  parmanant structure then it is permissible eg. If it is a wooden partition, plywood etc it is permissible and no prior permission need to be taken. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register