New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arunsrinivaas (pensioner)     09 July 2015

Legal query


 the scenario is this: 1.prepayment of one time bulk permanent alimony out of court to wife prior to filing of mcd petition but wife backed out from by withdrawal of mcd petition and cheated.

                               2.on appeal in high court by husband dismissal of appeal by high court.

                     the situation is like this cheated husband has 2 responsibilities 1.he has to try to appeal in supreme court to get independence from torturing  family bond.2. on other side he is in south india and he has to look after his mother with chronic cancer and he cannot attend from south india supreme court hearings.

                now i want to know can a lawyer represent  helpless husband in supreme court hearings and win family case appeal in supreme court?


     is helpless husband has to appear each and every supreme court hearings though he is assisted by his lawyer?

     what is actual procedure takes place in case of appeals in mcd in supreme court?

     what is approximate cost in supreme court appeals for court cost+lawyers fees.

helpless husband is poor fellow.


 3 Replies

Sandeep Hegde(89 717 84 550) (Advocate)     10 July 2015

You can appear through your advocate. Your personal presence in supreme court is not necessary. Fee varies from advocate to advocate based on their experience and expertise.

Ronaldo tapase   10 July 2015

Dear sir, I suspect my wife has aborted my child without my knowledge and yet I stayed quite. however, I feelove the guilt of not having any child. now it's been almost a year and now she stay at her parent's house. It's been almost 2 years for our marriage and we probably stayed together for 2 months hardly. now she's planning to get apart and however together in a marriage she stayed night outs and have parties. please suggest what can be done in this scenario. Regards, Ronaldo Tapase.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     14 July 2015

@ Mr. Arunsrinivaas,

Your presence in the Supreme Court is not at all needed.  Your Advocate will represent you in your proposed appeal date to date. Contact any Supreme Court Advocate who's fees will be affordable to you to bear.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register