Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jitesh Kumar   08 July 2016

Legal notice against credit card

Hi,

I have taken credit card 3 years ago form SBI card. And my current outstanding is at Rs.57900. It was around 45000 two years ago. I had been paying out my EMI but due to some financial problem now I am unable to pay the minimum amount. How ever I have been paying out the least amount as much I can afford. Last week I got a legal notice form lok adalat to appear on 9th of this month. I am very worried what will happen as I am not in a position to do settlement also. But I can pay Rs 3000 per month and after 4 months I can pay out the whole outstanding. Please help and let me know as what will be the action taken by the court.

Learning

14 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 July 2016

Seek help from local counsel specializing in consumer matters.

Visit conusmer court and you will get to know of all counsels.

P. Venu (Advocate)     08 July 2016

Lok Adalat is for settling the issues. You can appear in person or thorugh an advocate and place your suggestions. What ever the terms of the settlement, it will be reached with your informed consent only.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 July 2016

Check if it is Special Lok Adalat or Permanent.

Award of   Permanent Lok Adalat can't be contetsed later.

compliance   09 July 2016

You need to contact with legal lawyer.

Jitesh Kumar   09 July 2016

Hi All,

Today I visited the lok adalat and told that I don't want to make partial settlement and I want to pay out the entire amount of Rs.57900 but in equal installments for 12 months.They appriciated the idea however demanded to pay some amount today. But I was not in a position to pay any amount by today and asked them to start my EMI's form 30th of July. They didn't entertain this and told me in this case they are droping it. I am afraid what will happen next please help

Regards

Jitesh Kumar

P. Venu (Advocate)     09 July 2016

They will file suit for recovery in a civil court. However, even in the course of proceedings you can seek conciliation.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 July 2016

RBI has suggested to approach Lok Adalats.

You could have submitted your contentions in writing and obtained reply in writing.

Now wait for the next move of the CC company.

Hi,

I got a call from the SBI Cards in the evening and the officer told me that I can pay the entire amount in 12 equal installments in the same manner as I was paying earlier. I asked about the legal notice to which the officer promised that they will not send any more notice to me if I pay the installments periodically, The officer also told me that they are seeing if they can send a written letter for case withdrawal.

Regards,

Jitesh Kumar

Hi,

I got a call from the SBI Cards in the evening and the officer told me that I can pay the entire amount in 12 equal installments in the same manner as I was paying earlier. I asked about the legal notice to which the officer promised that they will not send any more notice to me if I pay the installments periodically, The officer also told me that they are seeing if they can send a written letter for case withdrawal.

Regards,

Jitesh Kumar

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 July 2016

Did you record (audio/visual/witnssed/minuted) all transactions?

(Guest)

Sir,

Dont be afraid just approach the lok adalat and state your condition. If you can pay the outstanding after 4 months I am sure they wont mind.

Regards,
Rit Arora
Advocate

P. Venu (Advocate)     06 September 2016

I am afraid Advocate Gagan Kumar's posting inappropriate. He is misusing the forum to solicit clients.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 September 2016

I concur with Expert Mr. P.Venu. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 September 2016

Seek help from local counsel specializing in consumer matters.

Get evertything in writing from M/s SBI Cards.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register