Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Susila ganesan (House wife)     24 April 2010

legal heir certificate

Can any one clarify this.

Is it possible to  sell a property of my  unmarried sister who died  without leaving a WILL. It is her self earned property  I have one brother one sister..  I understand all three of us are the second class successor to the above property  Local thasildar is not agreeing to give a succession certificate Under this circumstances, is it possible to sell the property? Do the registrar insist for a legal heir certificate or succession certificate  Or is it possible to sell the property with out any of the above certificate What is the legal procedure

susila ganesan

Learning

2 Replies

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     25 April 2010

better you file an application for succession certificate against your other brothers and let them file no objection 

P.K.Haridasan (Advocate)     25 April 2010

Property of a person after  death devolve upon  the legal heirs only. Order of legal heirs are as shown in the Hindu Succession Act. are entitled  to get legal heir ship certificate from Tehsildar.  Only the legal heirs can transfer the property of the deceased. No need for a legal heir ship certificate for registering the property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register