LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sakshi (xyz)     06 March 2014

Legal heir

Good Morning

One of our contractors providing outsourcing services died while the contract is still alive and there were dues to be paid by us to the tune of Rs. 10lakhs.  The deceased proprietor's husband submitted a Legal heir certificate signed by Magistrate stating that the deceased proprietor's husband, daughter and son are legal heirs.  Further, the deceased proprietor's husband has also submitted a Mutual Agreement entered between him and his daughter agreeing to handover his deceased wife's firm in the name of his daughter.  Affidavit-cum-No objection has been submitted by deceased persons son for taking over the firm by his sister i.e deceased person's daughter.

Now based on the above documents submitted, can we release outstanding dues to the firm?


 3 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     06 March 2014

yes you can do it. subject to you have verified the documents in original and have taken photo id proof of the legal heirs, PAN No. and their latest address proof.



Advocate Rohit Dalmia



malipeddi jaggarao (retired banker)     23 April 2014

You can.

Lawyer SALEEMA (Advocate Madras High Court & Legal Consultant Chennai Law in Law Firm. +91-9698884779)     29 April 2014

It is legally safe to disburse the amount on getting succession certificate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query