Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Leave you ego before doing any resolution

Page no : 3

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     18 August 2010

The attempt to assassinate the character of Lord Ram & Lord Krishna by Mr Prabhakar.

That is why, repeatedly we see the names of lord rama and lord krishna as our ideals on this web site, to whom we have to follow.

Lord Rama belonged to feudal system(?) and his values cannot be and shall not be applicalble in present era. What to talk about Lord Krishna, a polygamous, prevailing in half-slavery system. 

Where you got this philosophy?

Is it your brain child?

Where from you completed your research with this thesis?

Perhaps not Baizing or Moscow, because they understood the nerves of India, and maintain a very good international relationship?

If one throw stones to other he cannot except flowers in return.

Therefore it is not Mr. S. S., but Mr. Prabhakar – who instigate the matter & responsible for it.

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     18 August 2010

One does not have to go to Moscow to do a critique on Ramayana and Mahabhartta. For example, in another context, the views that injustice was perpetrated on Sita are not so unfamiliar. For that matter,  SS made comments on Mr. Prabhakar in some other context about which already opinions, including mine  were expressed.  . It's Not a question of someone getting flowers, the question was that of how one has to address people in this forum. One can't equate a critique  of Rama or Krishna  with personal attacks on the participants on this forum. At least SS has decency to clarify in his  subsequent reply  that he respects Mr. Prabhakar as a lawyer.

By the way,  what about  Maniratnam's Ravanna?  There are many many people like me who had appreciated the theme of this movie. but  there may be many many who may not have. A person like me for example would interpret the  treatment of  Sita at the hands of Rama in entirely different way than people who may not see anything wrong in how she was treated. Apply the human rights lens on Ramayana and the interpretation would be very different. 

Critiquing and attacking personally  are two different issues which are being confused. Even a   moderated thread, if it is done democratically, would not stop the intellectual views, but  it would definitely stop unbecoming references and language directed at personal level.

RG

@Renuka ji,

Even I have to say that we have to mind our language, I am not talking about grammar but the meaning it conveys.

·        - I agree. I found your postings sober so far.

·        - where the question is “mind our language” though it is addressed to me, but you used the words “we” & “our”, which means, all members in general. Your this point is contradictory. Whether it is for me or all members in general, including Mr Prabhakar;

·        - Followings are my submission for your further consideration, -

Mr. Mohit, comes twice, in this thread and Mr Prabhakar thrice upto this time, he had time to teaching English but neither Mr. Mohit Nor Mr. Prabhakar answered these questions that, -

1) DID RAM, KRISHNA AND NRIs LEAVE THEIR PARENTS FOR THE SAME CAUSE?

2) WHY ARE YOU NOT ADVISING THE YOUNG WIVES TO ADJUST WITH THE PARENTS IN LAW?

The answer known to all of us, but it will go against them therefore they did not answer. Instead of that, he started teaching English. The person should answer straight. Perhaps mr prabhakar not a straight person.

"Under my watch for a long time" and a useless threatening tone that the expression conveys can be easily avoided by us in our postings.  

·        - Yes it need not to post but the person doing excess. Keep watch. I shall answer it properly.

It is a member's wish whether he/she wants to continue further dialogue or not. 

·        - yes of course, but when a person has no answer, he has to keep mum. That is the maximum limit on net.

Adjust? Girls are always told to adjust but to what extent?  

·        - Not only girls, boy’s also adjust. I hope you will recognize the ground reality. If one unable to adjust he / she should recognize it, and come forward with mutual divorce. But not in the fashion of what Mr Mohit suggested.

What Mohit had written, he explained in his subsequent post, so his earlier post needs to be read in sync with the later one. Like grammar and sentence constructions mistakes of all of us  are filtered to get the contents of some postings, in the same manner we have to see the meaning of Mohit's analogies on how parents are left for different reasons.  We may agree with him or not, that's entirely a different matter. 

·        - Though Mr. Mohit answered in a sober way but it is not enough. Either he answered the above two questions or should accept his unwiseness.

·         - If you feel that what Mr. Mohit says are perfect, then the liability of answering the above questions are upon you.

Thank you.

Mixiing of religious character & filmy character is to hide the intenion .

talk here about religious chracter. My questions are still unanswered.

1) DID RAM, KRISHNA AND NRIs LEAVE THEIR PARENTS FOR THE SAME CAUSE?

2) WHY ARE YOU NOT ADVISING THE YOUNG WIVES TO ADJUST WITH THE PARENTS IN LAW?

Mr. Arup

It's not a question of either you do this or you are unwise! One does not have to continue a dialogue and can still remain wise!

There may be readings of what you call religious works from socio-political and anthropological points of view. Bringing a critique of Rama and Krishna is not something liguistically derogatory. And as far as serious films are concerned, they are great work of art and they bring deep perspectives and interpretations to a work which some would call religious work, some mythologies and some a work set in a particular socio-cultural settings.

As once before also I had indicated one cannot pin others down to force them either to engage in a dialogue or to admit that one is unwise if one does not engage in a dialogue. If you reply "properly", it is your wish and in this forum at least you have right to mix up an intellectual critique with religion. 

RG

For the interest of urguement , well use of logic, make a seperate thread for this purpose (ravan).

I am concentrated myself here in this thread to expose the hidden intention of Mr pravakar.

I am not interested to any other thingh like the film ravan right now. if you represent mr prabhakar pl answer the questions.

Here is a link which opens to a book review of an internationally renowned famous Indian anthropologist Dr. Iravati  Karve's critique of epic Mahabharata. A reading of the book would show that an epic can be read from sociological, anthropological and  impersonal ways.

https://bskeshav.sulekha.com/blog/post/2007/03/yuganta-by-irawati-karve-a-book-review.htm

Perhaps we all know very well Dr. Ambedkar's views on Ramayana! 

RG

Mohit (man)     18 August 2010

Arup Sir

I may be half of your age. you must have seen whole world better than me. But from my little experience Your second question I can easliy answered.

Whenever newly girl comes to his husband's house she thinks  that she will get his mother and father instead of inlaws. She wants to always adjust in 1st 2-3 months, she wants the same environment as she was in her home.But sometimes parents in laws treat her as bahu instead of beti. They want that all the work load now to be shifted on her. They can say whatever they like to her parents. They expect each and every thing from her.

They want " Beti jab sasural Jaye to Raaj kare aur koi Bahu ghar aaye to unke ke hisab se chale aur unke kabje mein rahe".

They want" Jamai Babu Hamesha aate rahen aur sasural mein ruken, aur apne bete ko sasural mein bhejen nahi ." They have fear of losing him.

So try to advice to change mentality of parents also sir.

Pls let me know members even you are not agreeing with this also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait for your's first questions reply tomorrow.

You can make whatever assumptions you want to make Mr. Arup, I am least interested in what you think or do not think about me.  And why your interest has to be paramount? I need not start any thread separately. My postings are as much relevant or irrelevant sir, as your own! Your anger and irritation would not affect me in the least. So feel  free to pass your grand judgments!  I am also not interested in knowing what you are interested or not interested in.

RG

(Guest)

IN the name of Feudal and capitalist sytem no one is allowed to insult god rama and krishna as feudal and polygamous including mr / mrs prabhakar. he needs to apologize for insulting god.

2 Like

(Guest)

Respected Members,

I opened this thread to read something else but I have gone through 5 pages and found that we have NOT divereted from the topic of the thread (Leave your ego...).  There is just a small mistake in the topic. The topic should be - "Leave your ego before writing any reply on LSI".  What do you say?

I would request everybody to please cool down and just delete the 5 pages from your memory and lets have some healthy discussions from here on. I am not a lawyer but I am also well educated as you people.  

We all know that intentionally, nobody would like to mention doha by pointing somebody, nobody would like to insult god, nobody does a grammetical / spelling mistake. Lets forget those mistakes and carry on otherwise this thread will be useless for others.

PS: Please do not drag me in your healthy discussions. I've replied in the interest of all the readers, who come and want to read something to gain their knowledge. Please do not take me otherwise. If I have hurted anyone's feelings than I apologize. Please do let me know, I am ready to apologize from everybody's behalf.

1 Like

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     19 August 2010

Read Dr. Ambedkar. You may think Rama as God, I may not, as Dr. Ambedkar and many others in the Dalit movement did not. As I pointed out  epics can be read in a secular and critical way . Why one should apologise for critiquing an epic from a secular perspective? And what is there to apologise for: Nothing in fact. 

By the way I never saw Mrs. Prabhakar participating in this forum. How come you are referring to her? Is it really becoming to drag someone's family member/s in the discussion, be it Mr. Prabakar, Mr. SS, RG, Mr. Mohit  or anyone else for that  matter?

RG

(Guest)

renuka ji can mrs prabhakar dare comment on a muslim prophet/ god .its just hindu gods whom any tom harry and d**k can comment . let him dare comment on a muslim god.....

1 Like

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     20 August 2010

One more thing Mr Arup. This is a public forum.Just because i express my thoughts which happen to be the same as someone else's,does certainly not imply that i represent that particular person.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     20 August 2010

ok not represented.

what next?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register