LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dimple Shah (prop)     16 November 2012

Lease property

We are the owner of the property.  We have purchased a flat when one tenant evicted the flat as he was shifting to a new place.

The other tenant is now an NRI having US permanent residencey OR green card holder, he travels and stays is US for seven months and 5 months he spends in India.

Can we serve evcuation notice...? Are we eligible for the possesion of flats as he being now an NRI. We already have 1 flat in the property lying vacant.


 2 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     17 November 2012

have you executed any agreement with your tenant???? if yes then you need to go as per the terms and conditions of the agreement. otherwise you may serve him a notice asking to vacate from the premises within 30 daysor so.



Advocate Rohit Dalmia



Dimple Shah (prop)     19 November 2012

Thank you Advocate A Rohit,


We have no agreement with the tenent, he is a very old tenant before we owened th bldg.


Th rent receipt is not in his name though, might be on some of his relative.......

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register