LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

russell sarkar ( Lawyer )     09 August 2010

lawyer withdraw frm a case

if adv. doesnt want to pursue a case (after signing vakalatnama and after appearing 2 times) can he withdraw out of his own wish.


 6 Replies

cyberlawyer (barrister)     09 August 2010

I think that can be done provided he refunds the fees to the client....

1 Like

Adv.T.G.Ragesh (Associate)     09 August 2010

Yes...U can withdraw.....Provided u intimate this matter to ur client in advance stating the reason.( It is always better to post a registered letter with acknowledgement card b4 u do it)

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     10 August 2010

Yes he can withdraw his vakalat by endorsing on the vakalat " No objection" and handing over it to his client.  and also you will have to send regd., A.D. notice to the clinet regarding the withdrawl of the case, which is also known as retirment from the case.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     10 August 2010

Rajesh is right

Ajay Patel (Advocate)     11 August 2010

Yes, advocate can withdraw his vakalatnama at any point of time. But, he should endorse "no objection" on vakalatnama and should send intimation of his retirement before proper time to his client (Regestired Post AD is recommended). And after sending intimation, advocate should declare his retirement to the concerned court.

Haneef M H (Partner)     13 August 2010

if the client is not co-operating with the advocate and never turn to advocate's chambers. the advocate should issue notice for retirement  to the client it should sent through RPAD and it should has to serve on him after that he can be retire from the matter by filing the memo before the Hon'ble Court

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query