LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S.B _Kolkata (Service)     01 April 2010

Lawyer Notice: Prior to file false 498a case

My wife is staying at her father's house for since last 08 month with my kid. She does not want to stay with my family but to stay with me separately. After my several requests she did not came back and now started to fabricate false story regarding her mental and physical torture as well as dowry related topic. Also she sent me sms comprising of huge demand of money as she need to clear the dues taken from her father.

I have clearly replied her that all the expenses regarding my spouse and daughter will be borne by me undoubtedly, but she has to be stayed with me according to my financial status. Still I am sending her money in every month.

As on today she sent me a lawyer notice stating the following points:

1.    We have putted huge pressure on them to meet our demand.

2.    She tried lots to compromise with our family but failed to do so and got enormous mental & physical torture.

3.    Never have I disclosed my service details as they do not know where she stands actually.

4.    The money I am sending her in every month is too small as per their need and she took huge loan from her father which needs to be clear immediately.

5.    I have been advised to come sharp and reconcile the whole thing at the earliest.

Now I apprehend that she may file false 498a/DV case against me and my family. So in this situation what effective step should I take to protect my old poor parents first as well as reply her?

Is there any real value of such type “lawyer notice” before the court??

Please help me at the earlist.

Learning

13 Replies

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     01 April 2010

The contents of the notice that she had sent you has no connecton to 498A or in-fact few of her allegations are not legally sustainable.  Better reply it suitably and safeguard your position for tomorrow's untowards.

"1.    We have putted huge pressure on them to meet our demand."  This I dont get it properly.. you mean to say that she alleged that you demanded her dowry?

S.B _Kolkata (Service)     01 April 2010

Yes sir. But she accused us by means of false dowry and mental/physical torture. So how to reply??

You just deny all her allegations and advice her not to blackmail you.  Through your reply notice ask her to comeback with kid.and stay in "her" home. 

If you really want her back file petition under restitution of conjugal rights or else a petition for dissolution of marriage - and for the custody of the kid whose future is now at stake because of differences between you both.

Just with your reply you cannot bar her from making a complaint under 498A if she chooses to - if you apprehend any such threat it would be better to obtain anticipatory bail from both the courts ie., where you both last resided together and where she is now living with your father if both the places are different.

Save the 'sms' that she has sent you demanding money - that would be helpful in future. 

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     01 April 2010

Dear Raj, Is it provoked you to forward the blog matter to all of us. Your legal issue is simple. you give a reply. Planting and manipulating evidence and collection of evidence you do with your conciousness.

Vijay Naru (Service)     01 April 2010

I don't feel your Anticipatory Bail application is maintainable as no Police Complaint is pending in any police Station. I want you to become aware that there is a group of suffering husbands of abuse of Dowry law , where they held meeting on every saturday in the Park of Patiala House Court , Delhi at Gate No. 2 between 4 to 7 pm . We also hold meeting on different venues on Saturday/Sundays in all over India/World. So you can contact with details over there. The relevent site is www.498a.org, www.harmoniousfamily.org and www.saveindianfamily.org

(Guest)

why don't u file a PIL in Supreme Court challenging this law?

Dear Mr. Vijay:  I don't feel your Anticipatory Bail application is maintainable as no Police Complaint is pending in any police Station.  It is not necessary that a complaint should be pending, a reasonable apprehension is enough.  

Vijay Naru (Service)     01 April 2010

HI

I shall be gratefull if you can highlight some of the orders available in your knowledge where the judge of any court has granted anticipatory bail even when not even any police or other complaint filed against he person.

AS we have tried as we receive lots of requests for the same but all the time the lawyers at first stage turn down this request.

Kiran (Consultant)     01 April 2010

Dear Raj,

Please go ahead and file anticipatory bail for you as well as your parents in your home town and in the place where your wife is staying. The Lawyer notice is sufficient for you to show that there is a reasonable apprehension of 498-A case and/0r DV case.

The same happened to me and I filed the anticipatory bail in the palce where my wife is residing based on the lawyers notice which my wife has sent. If the Lawyer is denying to file aniticaipatory bail, approach some other good Lawyer and ask him/her to file you anitcipatory bail petition. My wife filed 498-A case withing 10 days of my receipt of her lawyer notice, but just before one day she filed the 498-A case I already filed aniticipatory bail application. This happened co-incidentally. My lawyer's guess came true in my case and myself and my parents got aniticipatory bail immediately. My wife sent police to my home within 3 days of filing 498-A case and by that time we got anticipatory bail granted and hnce we were NOT arrested.

S.B _Kolkata (Service)     03 April 2010

Kiran

Can I have your case details or court's verdic regarding the AB based on the lawyers notice? It will help me a lot before the court to get the same.

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     03 April 2010

Dear Mr. Rajkumar :  Kiran's 'verdict' will not help you much - granting of Anticipatory bail depends on facts of each case to case.  Here in this forum you will get advices in general - now you have an idea of gross outline of your case - that's enough for your knowledge.  Now its time for you to contact a good lawyer whom you trust.  'verdicts' 'precedents' etc etc... he will take care of.  You need not worry. Best of luck.

S.B _Kolkata (Service)     05 April 2010

So how to tackle the situation????????????

(Guest)

NANDKUMAR B.SAWANT.M.COM.LL.B.(MUMBAI),ADVOCATE

MOBILE.9271971251

e.mail.adv.nbsawant@yahoo.co.in

e.mail.nandkumarbs@sify.com

REGARDING 498A CASE KINDLY NOTE THAT.

1.YOU HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED A NOTICE,CONTENTS ARE SIMILAR TO 498 A CASE.

2.SHE IS STAYING AT HER FATHERS HOUSE SINCE PAST EIGHT MONTHS.IT SEEMS NO CHANCES OF COMPROMISE.

3.KINDLY NOTE THAT  SHE HAS SENT YOU THE NOTICE  WHICH IS NOT SENT IN CASE OF 498 A CASE.GENERALY POLICE COMPLAINT IS FILED BY MARRIED WOMEN AT THE NEAREST POLICE STATION OF HER PARENTS RESIDENCE FOR CONVENIENCE.

4.IT IS MOST IMPORTANT THAT YOU SHOULD TAKE THIS MATTER SERIOUSLY .THERE ARE CHANCES OF ARREST OF YOU AND AND YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS INCLUDING PARENTS AND BROTHERS AND SISTERS UNDER SECTION 498 A OF INDIAN PENAL CODE.

5 YOU MAY IMMEDIATELY SHIFT THE PLACE OF RESIDENCE FOR ABOUT TWO WEEKS AND IMMEDIATELY APPLY FOR ANTICIPATORY BAIL TO THE DIST AND SESSIONS COURT OR HIGH COURT HAVING AREA JURISDICTION. SAY OF CONCERNED POLICE STATION WILL BE CALLED. AND IF COMPLAINT IS ALREADY FILED THEN SAY OF POLICE STATION WILL BE FILED IN COURT BUT IF COMPLAINT IS NOT FILED THEN YOU MAY REQUEST THE COURT FOR PROTECTION AT LEAST GIVING NOTICE OF ONE WEEK  BY THE CONCERNED POLICE IN CASE COMPLAINT IS FILED AT ANY LATER DATE.SO THAT YOU CAN AGAIN FILE THE APPLICATION AND GET THE PROTECTION .WE HAVE SECURED ORDERS LIKE THAT.

IN CASE YOU NEED ANY FURTHER HELP YOU MAY WRITE OR CALL.

WITH BEST REGARDS TO YOU YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register