Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Fighting The Fight (Professional)     20 November 2013

Lawyer needed in delhi

Hi,

My wife has put up CrPC 125 and DV cases against me with the 498a & 406 already under progress with CAW cell. I expect more cases from her as she and her parents are complete megalomaniacs and want money. I have so far hired and fired 3 lawyers.

1. 1st one because he wanted me to let him take care of things and he would get the case settled with all his hi-fi connections with all the judges in the lower court and all this even before completely understanding or listening to my side of the story. I paid him up and parted ways.
  2. Gave the case brief to 2nd lawyer, very hi-fi and much experienced in handling such kind of cases. All he wanted to know after reading all the false accusation in court summons were my salary details. I told him that since all the details of the case are with him and he could easily judge the amount of work involved, what does he need my salary for. He told me that it is to assess the potential mntc I could end up paying under DV. After knowing my salary he quoted such an astronomical figure for a simple mntc case that I couldn't believe it. Here also, I paid the consultation fee, shook hand and parted ways.
  3. Third one is a high flying high court lawyer with several govt and big clients. He told me a reasonable sum for the mntc. I've paid him 50% so far with nothing coming out of it and he has delayed my case filings umpteen times. Therefore, I'm going to fire him.

I'm a well educated individual with a good job and comfortable salary but not born in money or having anything to spare for all the unworthy individuals who've occupied place in this profession. Coming from a professional background, I'm simply amazed by the so called professionalism displayed by some of these lawyers that I've interacted with. Complete lack of apathy - for an individual who comes to them in their time of need and expects them to listen, give him a fair chance on the merits of his case and willing to work with him - is commonplace. Timelines are promised but never kept and work product quality is poor to say the least.

And all I started out to look out for was someone who is well qualified, experienced but not too much (8-12 year should do) with zeal, enthusiasm and ability to work smart and fight the case for me. Since the nature of all these cases these days and thanks to some smart work by another lawyer (my wife's one who will surely convince them to come up with more cases in future), I expect someone who is ready to be in it for the long term and willing to prove his credentials & expertise and above all - knowledge of law - to help me tide over this crisis. I'm good at communications and would naturally require my lawyer to be so. I'm willing to consider any and all kinds of fees if one is willing to justify the same. With 4 cases already confirmed and maybe some more from my end along with the way, a bulk deal/ package price with a min-max amount amount per case would be great.

Location is Delhi and this being in initial stages would be fought in trial court. I don't wish for a big lawyer who is involved in big cases and doesn't have time for my small case. A good tria court lawyer with a reasonable fee and sincere attitude would do. If anyone interested, please pm me with your contact details and if you're a straightforward person, you may share your work profile and/or sample as well with your fee expectations.

PS: I hope everyone here sees this plea in the right way because in the past 2 months or so, I've met many lawyers and come to have a very negative feeling of the profession. Hoping someone who can dare to change this perception with me being upfront about my requirements  !

Learning

3 Replies

Bindeshwar Sah (Legal Advisor)     20 November 2013

kindly contact Mr. Vishwajit Sahi an Advocate at Patiala House Mobile no 09313461212

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     20 November 2013

read your PM

LegalJohnDoe (Counsel)     21 November 2013

Respected Sir, you have a very simple case which is backed by strong precedent in the form of Onkar Nath Mishra & ors. v. State (NCT of Delhi) and Anr. [(Appeal (crl.) 1716 of 2007]. What you need is a good, competent lawyer who fulfills your specific requirement. I suggest you look at this website called lawkonect.com which helps you find a lawyer according to your given specifications.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register