LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

needjustice (NA)     25 December 2012

Lawyer harassment

I need a small guidance from the knowledgeable. It is very important. 2 years ago my friend filed a Domestic Violence case & the lawyer she hired has been harassing her for a lot of money. We both along with parents went to lawyers office and have paid full fees quoted much before filing the case but still lawyer keeps on demanding which is becoming very difficult for her(my friend). Also she does not get ad-interim too since the lawyer had not filed for it at all..We were unaware of these things before. Her parents health and her health both are deteriorating day by day.She asked her lawyer to give back the file & NOC, now her lawyer is demanding more money. What can she do now? Lawyer did not take the cross examination well too.. She is feeling very depressed and I fear her health.She was already tortured by her marriage and now even after parting from her husband her lawyer is harassing her. Can someone please suggest best remedy?Can she approach the bar council? Can she file for change of lawyer at the court? Can media be approached?

Learning

1 Replies

Kanniappan (Later)     25 December 2012

Hi

I too experienced such, File MEMO in open court, stating allegations before Judge, mention NOC is not given by Lawyer, Then Judge will permit you to engage better lawyer. Next time do not make full payment, make payment as per work. 

Also do not do torture to husband or lawyer by any means, make amicable settlement and lead peaceful life

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register