me out soon. what should i do. our rent agreement expires 20 years
back but neither i nor landlord make any objection and he was taking
rent regularly. By not having valid rent agreement how can i defend
myself.

Praveen

Learning

2 Replies

B.T. RAVI (LEGAL MANAGER)     23 February 2016

A. In the absence of the Renewal Rent Agreement or Registered Rent Agreement that it can be presumed that the terms and conditions of the old rent agreement had been followed by the both parties and and now also following the same  by clinching received the rent from the tenant. 

B. No owner has right to stop the electricity during the existence of tenant's possession notwithstanding terms of the rent agreement  is completed. Therefore, you can issue a legal notice to provide the sufficient electricity to the premises without vacate the premises. Moreover, it is not easy to evict you due to absence of rent agreement because of if the owner would like to approach the court for eviction/recovery of possession that the lease agreement must be submitted before the court of law and vice versa. Therefore, it is highly recommends that settle the matter by calling a meeting with the land owne

B.T. RAVI (LEGAL MANAGER)     23 February 2016

A. In the absence of the Renewal Rent Agreement or Registered Rent Agreement that it can be presumed that the terms and conditions of the old rent agreement had been followed by the both parties and and now also following the same  by clinching received the rent from the tenant. 

B. No owner has right to stop the electricity during the existence of tenant's possession notwithstanding terms of the rent agreement  is completed. Therefore, you can issue a legal notice to provide the sufficient electricity to the premises without vacate the premises. Moreover, it is not easy to evict you due to absence of rent agreement because of if the owner would like to approach the court for eviction/recovery of possession that the lease agreement must be submitted before the court of law and vice versa. Therefore, it is highly recommends that settle the matter by calling a meeting with the land owne

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More