Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAJ KUMAR PATHAK (EE)     01 January 2012

Land purchase through poa

Hello experts,

Happy new year to all of u.may the new year bring a strong lokpal bill. I am planning to purchase a landed property in Ranchi . I want some legal advice. Sellar of the property holds the general POA of the land. I insisted that the sale deed will be framed between me and the actual owner of the land. He has agreed to this. I have got all the documents checked, everything is ok. Issue is the person with POA wants the money handed over to him and the actual owner has no problem with this.  My lawyer has advised that a clause will be included in the sale deed where the actual owner would admit that all amount has been paid. Is it ok to go ahead with this. Also, as the actual owner resides at a different place away from Ranchi, she will come only once for registration of the land. Can the initial agreement of purchase be made between me and POA holder . plz advice 

thanks and regards

Rajkumar pathak

Learning

3 Replies

pervez (adviser)     01 January 2012

I agree what yr advocate has suggested... As a precaution, you may choose to pay 90% of the amount at the time of registration of sale deed...

RAJ KUMAR PATHAK (EE)     02 January 2012

Thanks for the advice. so i assume i should get the agreement done with the POA holder and registration with the actual owner, is it ok

thanks in anticipation

rajkumar pathak

pervez (adviser)     02 January 2012

Also check whether POA is registered and the same has not been recinded or cancelled........... enquire from sub-registrar through advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register