LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shashank Mehra   13 February 2020

Land purchase in raigad, maharashtra

Greetings of the day, I am planning to buy a farmhouse land in Raigad District, Maharashtra. I have few questions, I have searched online, asked people, but the information I have received is different from every source. Requesting to kindly answer these questions as this will be my one and only purchase. 1) Do we need a farmer certificate to purchase a land in Maharashtra, mostly agricultural? What are the list of papers required for a smooth transition of the land deal? 2) What permissions are required to construct my own house in 2000 sq.ft. Of land, total land parcel can be 4000-10000 sq.ft. 3) What is the minimum land to be purchased so that I can have an individual 7/12, if not then how safe is it purchase a smaller portion of land and what paperwork do I have in hand? 4) What is the legal due diligence which has to be done in case of purchase and how not to get fooled where I have heard stories of one land being sold to multiple people? 5) Do I need to construct a house in a certain time frame or I can do as my wish? 6) What is the process of getting electrical and water supply from Gram Panchayat and what can be a hindrance? 7) Do I need special permission for tree plantation, swimming pool, design/structure/FSI of house? 8) Is a private surveyor okay to know the land parcel or do I need a proper government survey, what are the average costs? 9) Approximate cost of a 6ft high stone wall for boundary and are there any permissions needed? 10) I would prefer to get the papers verified, who will do that and how do I trust that person (Will it be a lawyer or a real estate agent?)? 11) Is it okay if I purchase the land just on my name or do we need 1+ land owner here? 12) Do we get loan for purchase of land if it is agricultural land? 13) Any other point which I have missed out and would be important for me to make a note before I go ahead with anything? Thanking in anticipation to assist Heartiest Regards, Shashank Mehra.

Learning

4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 February 2020

Before finalising the transaction ensure title of the property is marketable.

It is advisable to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer with relevant records for analyses, professional guidance and necessary proceeding.

Nikita Parekh   16 February 2020

Before proceeding to buy any parcel of Land make sure you take Manual Search of Land Records of Minimum last 30 years

Shashank Mehra   16 February 2020

@Nikita Who does the manual search?

Nikita Parekh   20 February 2020

Advocates who are practising in Land & Conveyance Area will provide you with Complete Search Report

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register