Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BK MEHTA   28 August 2021

Land ownership

If X buy any land in his father's name, then on demise of his father, can X's brother raise his share in such land, as the land is in X's father's name.

If Y buy any land in his son's name, then can Y raise his interest in this land, as it was actually bought by himself. Can Y make any will for the same land, as he bought it.


 5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     28 August 2021

Are you testing the experts? However, X brother has an equal share with other legal heirs. (2) no.
1 Like

BK MEHTA   28 August 2021

Thanks. We are facing such problems so asked. Kindly reply for 2 also.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 August 2021

Very well explained, opined and advised by expert Mr. Kavksatyananrayana, I endorse and appreciate. Hypothetical questions are not entertained for obligation of experts on this platform, please avoid such query. Y has no title, claim, right or interest in the property purchased in the name of his son, accordingly Y can not include the property in his Will.
1 Like

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     29 August 2021

Till his life time he can have right to execute the property to any one . After the life time of the owner of the property all legal-heirs are have legal rights on it
1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 August 2021

"Thanks. We are facing such problems so asked. Kindly reply for 2 also." If so, post the real problem with complete facts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register