LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sharon (executive)     27 March 2010

land matter

My father purchased 5 pieces of land in the year 1972, this land was later sold to one developer mr A. an agreement was made in dec 1995, the consideration amnt wud be Rs. 691000/- the schedule of the payment was mentioned in the agreement. This schedule was not properly followed. In june 1997 my dad expired, my mother who is not so educated, I who was 17 and my sister who was 13 were the legal heirs. So in Sep 1997 this Mr. A takes us to his office, makes a supplement agreement in our names make me and my mother sign it. Mr. A made us sign the documents ther and there and also got a power of attorney from us, without giving us the time to see the documents. Only a payment of Rs 30000/- was made, thereafter inspite of several calls and personal visits to his office Mr. A never bothered to pay the remaining balance neither a copy of the supplement agreement was given to us wherein it was mentioned that Rs. 50000/- would be paid in 3 equal installments to us. So in may 2000 my mother sent him a notice that the agreement stands cancelled, but in sep 2000 Mr. A sends his agent and gives us Rs 10000/- and asks us to sign on a document which mentions that the agreement is not cancelled and we in future will be bound by the agreement. We hoping that still he will make payment and the matter will settle, gave him signatures. Now in 2008 no single payment came from him so my mother sold it  to another developer Mr. B, who we thought knew abt the earlier sale, as he was brought to us by my maternal uncle who also holds the power of attorney to that place. The papers were signed and some payments were made. Mr. A sent some notice to Mr. B when paper notice was given abt the sale. But mr B went ahead. Now in 2008 mr. A has filed a case against us 3 and also asked us for a compensation of Rs. 5 crore along with the amount of Rs 5lacs which he has paid to us.  Kindly help me know how strong we stand how much is the possibility of winning in such situations, and how  should we proceed as now Mr. B has also been respondents in the case. we also wud like to change our lawyer as he is not given any documents of the papers filed neither he clarifies our doubts, also he is hand in glove with my uncle so we are losing trust in him. pls advice

Learning

1 Replies

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     27 March 2010

dont worry nothing will happen . ur steps r legal one.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register