Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prabhu Kanakaraj (HR Analyst)     16 July 2011

Land issue

HI All,

I have an issue in Tamilnadu at Coimbatore on a land which we bought recently. The history of the land such as the exchange of land from the various claimants is provided below:

1. 1976 - Tamilnadu government distributed a free land to an individual called Velan

2. 1981 - Velan sold the land to Palanisamy

3. 1987 - Palanisamy sold the land to Kalaiappan

4. 1994 - Kaliappan sold the land to Raju

5. 1994 - Raju gave a power of attorney to the same person from who he bought the land

6. 2011 - We bought the land from Kaliappan who had the power of attorney

In 2007, Kaliappan and Raju acquired a duplicate copy of the land documents on account of losing the land document and the duplicate document with the RO signature is available with us. Now, Palanisamy's son is raising a conflict stating that his dad sold the land without his consent and acknowledgement. Please let me know the procedures to tackle this problem and also let me know if there is any legal gap/complication in the documentation. Thanks Prabhu Kanakaraj

Learning

1 Replies

NIRMALA DEVI.C (Advocate)     16 July 2011

Sir. could you pl clarify in this issue? I bought non-agricultural land abt 340 sq yds in 1998. Due to some problems like final layout sanction and non regularisation, I could'nt construct the compound wall. My neighbour encroached nearly 300 sq yds of my plot by constructing the compound wall in 2008. I put this issue in the cooperative association but invain. I several times asked my neighbour to dismantle the wall politely. He hasn't done it. Hence I approached PS and complained about it. FIR was registered in February, 2011. and they asked MRO to make survey. But they are not doing it saying one or the othe reason.  Can I file for Injunction for possession? Is the survey required for it? The market value of the plot is 12,000sq.yd. How much court fee I have to pay? Can I file for tresspass also?  Pl tell me the procedure. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register