land dispute

My Grandfather(expired almost 25 years back) has 2 sons and 1 daughter. He had 5 plot of land at different location. His sons built individual house on two plots after clearing all the grampanchyat formalities almost 20 years back. His Sons want to give equal share to their sister too. So the 5 plot should be divided into 3 parts.

The sisters husband claims, the plot where the houses are built are more valuable then the rest 3 plots. So he has filed a case saying the land was not equally distributed.. He has threated them to take court and break the houses built on the plots.

What can be done in this case?

Lawyer at Delhi

“Clearing all the gram panchayat formalities” means what? Does it mean those plots were transferred in the names of the two sons? Whether daughter’s consent was taken at that time for transfer of the those two plots in the names of the two sons?


Thanks for reply....

The formalities included were, like clearing the land to build the house, obtaining appropriate permisiion from the GramPanchayat committe in written. The daughters consent was taken. But i am not sure whether its written anywhere, Also the daughter is bed ridden for past 3 years and her physical and mental condition is in weak state.

Also can her husband, issue a notice to break the houses? Does he posses that power? 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x