Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram (Technical lead)     17 January 2023

Land aquisition - can landlord go for appeal in high court?

Hi,

I have bought a built house for rental purpose in Bengalore. It's from the Housing Society. Land was aquired from the government long back and handed over the land to the society. Society has formed the layout and distrbuted the plots to the society members.

House got constructed 5 years back and Tenants are living in the building. But land owners are saying that land Aquisition was not done properly and they have filed the case in High court challenging land aquisition procedure in High court.

Want to check what happens to my house if the decision by the court is as per the landlord? Do I lose my house? Or there is no chance that court decision will be as per the landlords as Government would have taken all the right decisions to aquire landlord's land.

Your inputs will be highly appreciated. 

Regards,

Ram

Learning

2 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     18 January 2023

The Land Acquistion Act defines the person intested as;

the expression “person interested” includes all persons claiming an interest in compensation to be made on account of the acquisition of land under this Act; and a person shall be deemed to be interested in land if he is interested in an easement affecting the land;

That ways the tenants has interest in the property and they will claim  compensation to the extent of their entitlement. It is better to amicably  negotiate with them and end the matter otherwise it will drag for long and will eat a considerate sum as expenses.

Ram (Technical lead)     19 January 2023

Thank you for the information sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register