LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

karthik (divorce applicant)     10 December 2014

Land acquisition

Dear Sir/Madam,

Two years back i have purchased a farming land which is on road side of high way, recently i came to know my complete land will be acquired by National highways authority for four laning, so i'm able to get the complete planning and found my land will come under acquisition:

so i have spent all my life time earnings on this land and the land comes under panchayat and market value is very less compared to amount spend by me, so if authority pay any amount i will loose my life time earnings whichi i have spent.

On the first page it is mentioned like below marked in RED, so still they didnt published their notification,

my query is:

1. Is it possible to challenge in any court on the price they pay based on their market value?

2.My family income depends on the earning of the farming land, so if they acquire my whole land my family will loose source of income.

3. so based on the above queries is there any way to save myself, please advise me all possible ways so that i will prepare myself ahead before they publish their notification.

Thanks a lot for going through my queries.

S.O.    (E).- In exercise of powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 3A of the National Highways Act, 1956 (48 of 1956) (hereinafter referred to as the said Act), the Central Government, after being satisfied that for the public purpose, the land, the brief descripttion of which is given in the Schedule below, is required for building (widening / four-laning, etc.), maintenance, management and operation of National Highway No….., in the stretch of land from Km…… to Km. ….. (……………. Section) in the district of………. in the State of …….., hereby declares its intention to acquire such land;

Any person interested in the said land may, within twenty-one days from the date of publication of this notification in the Official Gazette, object to the use of such land for the aforesaid purpose under sub-section(1) of section 3C of the said Act.

Every such objection shall be made to the competent authority, namely, the …………………….., in writing and shall set out the grounds thereof and the competent authority shall give the objector an opportunity of being heard, either in person or by a legal practitioner, and may, after hearing all such objections and after making such further enquiry, if any, as the competent authority thinks necessary, by order, either allow or disallow the objections.

Any order made by the competent authority under sub-section (2) of section 3C of the said Act shall be final.




 0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register