Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram (Technical lead)     26 June 2021

Kptcl is installing 220 kw lines without acquiring the land

Hi,

In Karnataka, KBJNL (Part of KPTCL) are coming up with irrigation project for which they are planning to install Electrical pole of 220 KW. They have contacted me many times saying they would install Electrical tower. They were ready to give 1 lakh compensation for Tower area(70 sqm). When I asked for the notice, got notice from AEE that I need to co-operate for installing the tower. The question was there are 55 coconut trees of 7 years which are coming below the line, which to be cut in next 2-3 years, I asked for the compensation, they reached Horticulture Dept and they said they would get me compensation of only Rs.1028.00 per tree(7 Years old), I got shocked.

When I asked for more compensation, DC called and told me that I need to co-operate to install the tower. Again Engineers and Contractors are behind me to allow them to install tower, they are ready to pay Rs.8 lakhs now (For 55 coconut trees, Tower installation place + Other crop loss). I am still claiming that I need more compensation. I have gone to Taluk court for stay.

KBJNL is saying Civil court doesn't have any right to order stay, so they would install the tower with DC Order + Police protection.

I really don't know how to proceed, whether I can take 8 lakhs and sign the bond or I can fight for my right compensation in the court.Some people are saying as land is not acquired, I can't get compensation if I go to court once tower is installed. Please help how to proceed, I am confused.

Regards,

Ram

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     26 June 2021

The Union power ministry has, to expedite construction of transmission lines, issued guidelines for payment of compensation for damages on the right of way.

The ministry has proposed compensation at 85 per cent of land value as determined by the district magistrate or relevant authority, based on circle or other applicable rates, for the tower base area impacted due to installation of a pylon structure.

Further, compensation to a maximum of 15 per cent of land value will be paid towards its dimunition in the widdth of an ROW corridor due to laying of a transmission line and imposing certain restrictions. The compensation would be decided by states on the categorisation of land.

Ram (Technical lead)     26 June 2021

Hi Sir, Thanks for the information.

They have agreed to pay Tower installation Area and Corridor compensation, the issue what we have is with the 55 Coconut trees of 7 years. They are claiming that Horticulture department has suggested Rs.1028/- per coconut tree, they will give only that much.

After multiple discussions they are ready to pay around Rs.10,000/- per coconut tree. We are not agreeing for it as these 55 coconut trees are coming under the Transmission lines, after sometime we need to cut them as they would enter Buffer zone.

We are expecting 100(Number of Coconuts per/Tree)*40(Years of Yield)*20 (Value of one coconut)= 80,000/- per coconut tree. They are saying that they can't give this compensation, but they would get DC order and will install the Tower with Police protection. So, wanted to know if I can still fight in the court without accepting the compensation or just I need to accept only Rs.10,000/- per coconut tree and allow them to install the tower.

Preetham Shekar   24 August 2021

Hi Ram,

Thanks for sharing your experience, even we are facing similar issue. due to some highway expansion (NH-206) they are shifting 220 kw poles and they are planning to erect a new one using 16x16 feet of our land and they are ready to pay 1,30,000 Rs. but few farmers of our neighbor village got 2,50,000 compensation for same dimension of land in 2019 and 10,000 for each coconut tree. so we are demanding the same compensation. is there a official website where we can get all these details about the factors considered while calculating compensations.

Thanks,

Preetham

Hassan, Karnataka.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register