Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin   19 July 2022

Itr form for salaried person who started share trading also

ITR form for salaried person who started share trading also.


I am a salaried class person. Private job. And i started share trade from last 1 year and sold only 1 share with profit of 4000 INR.

Please suggest which ITR form i should opt in above scenario?





 1 Replies

Swadha   02 August 2022

a) The total income of an individual must not exceed Rs.50 lakh
b) His/her source of income must be salary, one house property and other sources of income, i.e., interest income, dividend etc. and agricultural income up to Rs.5,000 only.
c) Individual must be Ordinarily Resident Indian

If a salaried individual satisfies the above conditions, then he/she can file a tax return using the ITR-1 form. However, if a salaried individual has income from any other source such as capital  ..

A salaried individual can file his/her tax return using the ITR-2 form if he/she:
a) Is a director of a company
b) Is holding an investment in unlisted equity shares
c) Has income from salaries, more than one house property, capital gains, foreign income and other sources of income
d) Is holding assets outside India
e) Total income exceeds Rs 50 lakh
f) Hindu Undivided Family (HUF)
g) Is a non-resident individual or a resident individual (both ordinarily or not ordinarily.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register