LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shaikh aasim salim   14 April 2021

Issue regarding case

Someone has took my brother's bike and and accidentally broke it's front mudguard and he put on other person mudguard which was stolen
the person register complaint against my brother and he ask for compensation of 15000 however I had given him my bike as deposit for paying the amount after someday
he gave my bike to someone and took amount for his personal purpose
Now I had paid him amount in his account so as to not get in this issue further
now he is not giving me my bike what should I do
instead he is telling that the bike will be transferred to the other person name without my permission and sign

 3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 April 2021

This is the lesson one has to learn, to enter into compromises out of law and without taking any letters.  Make a complaint to the concerned PS.  They are aware as to how to bring back the vehicle.  This may prevent him from selling the vehicle.   After registering the complaint, send copy of FIR to RTO and ask him not to transfer as the vehicle was not returned by the person who has taken it.  It is not that easy to transfer a vehicle from one name to another.  Even if your vehicle is used for illegal purposes or met with an accident beyond your knowledge, when possession is with others, at least this process helps in protecting yourself.

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     14 April 2021

File a miscellaneous petition before the Magistrate Court with all the annexures and facts under section 200 and 156(3) Cr.pc ASAP.

After recovery of the bike file a compensation suit for damages done under section 180 of the Contract Act.

P. Venu (Advocate)     15 April 2021

The facts posted lack clarity. Please post the query in simple sentences.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query