Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Victim of Greed (Worker)     05 April 2014

Is written or oral argument better ?

Hello experts,

I am running my divorce case in person at Bandra Family court. I already had cross-examination (both sides)... Now, my final argument would be held in the next date.. Her advocate has filed written argument and i am given a choice to either argue orally or in writing.. So, what would you suggest ?

Also i would like to ask, if i argue orally, then would the judge give his judgement on the same day ? I mean, what if he does not find time to give judgement on the same day then would he remember all what i have argued orally ?

Thanks in advance !!!

Learning

6 Replies

DV Act Buster (CEO)     05 April 2014

Always better to give a wriiten argument as you are not a lawyer and may forget to mention certain facts at the spur of the moment during the oral arguments. Also, you can apply your mind more effectively and make your written statement more meaningful & to the point.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     05 April 2014

written arguement is always better, judgement can not be pronounce same day.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     05 April 2014

written or oral arguments not all the points will be written by judge and only main points will be taken which is important and evidence with

in written means judge has time and check when ever he prefers to give judgement and in oral means judge has to note the main points and the typist will type the on going arguments of your with point wise 

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     05 April 2014

every party has right to file written arguments. it can also be accompanied with oral arguments.

its advisable to do both

Geetha.D.Philip (Legal supervisor)     24 May 2014

It is better to submit written Arguments.Please mind, it supports your earlier submissions.

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     24 May 2014

written always better.Same as taking notes..rather than relying on our short memory.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register