LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

is this be just and not extreme torture ,violation of rights

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Punjab-cops-plan-shock-treatment-for-mobs/articleshow/5198170.cms

check the link. Is it will not result in violation of human rights.

Learning

4 Replies

Theja (Lawyer)     06 November 2009

Deepak,

This is a mean and baneful act by the cops.

I understand. We should appreciate for bringing to them to light.

The fact is that there are so many such violations all over world, but not just India.

I think we should look at the genesis of this.

Is is because of the unawareness of the human rights among people or is it beacause f deliberate ignorance of the rights by people?

I understand that there is need to bring to more light and awarness of their rights to layman, howabout people who are aware of those rights, but they still do not claim those rights?

The change can not be broght by any stringent laws but can only be done by change of minds of mind.

From the news sited by you, the cops in the news are aware of the laws, but still they are violating the laws and the procedures, REASON: Lack of humanity.

So not that we dont have laws governing or regulating theses kind of violations, but the lack of humanity to understand purpose and importace of those rights.

Thats my opinion.

(Guest)

sir u are right to some extend. lack of awareness is one factor.....

SANKARAN.G. (supdt.)     07 November 2009

This will be used only with ordinary, innocent, lawabiding citizens and not people like Afsal Guru or the other dreaded terorists who are out to wreck   India.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register