Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Is it the Violation of Article 21(A) of Constitution?

Law Student & Human Rights Activist....

Dear Members,

In our locality many students of a Minority School Govt. Aided School have not been given Report Card because they have not paid the school fee.  According to Article 21(A) ..

"The State shall provide free and Compulsory education to all children of the age of six to fourteen years in such a manner as the State may,by Law, determine."

Here are my questions to all the Learned Advocates and other Members are:

1) Can a  Minority Govt. Aided School charge fee?

2) They take the fee in the name of Donation every month(Rs 30). Is it right? Are they have right to charge the fee?

3) In such case where I complain the matter?

4) To make the case strong what are the evidence I have to gather?

Please answer in detail....




Consult the Secretary or Ditrector of Education of your State, or simply put in an RTI to furnish you the information that you required including the law made by your State in this regards. Congratulations for such active works for the welfare of your people.

Total likes : 1 times



you need to elucidate the brief.

they are not supposed to charge any fee, except the govt. fee.

they have no such rights to collect the fee, as such it was non-profit organisation moreover as per Art 21(A), it is the fundamental right which the govt has to protect.

in case of, up to 7th class, need to contact District Education Officer otherwise director, board of secondary education.


contact about this to the director of education of your state


That Article of the Constitution  is based on UNESCO and UNICEF  Philosophy of Universal Education for all and the Article declare free and compulsory education to children of the age of six to fourteen. FREE AND COMPULSORY  and nothing else. Follow the advise given by the members or you can also write to the Secretary of Woman and Child development, New Delhi.

advocate / commissioner of oaths

Article 21A of the constitution is to provide free and compulsory education . When the minority intitutions charge such fees as donation , it will attract the interference of the government and the court. It is more wiser to approach the high court in the form of writ.

Law Student & Human Rights Activist....

Thank to all of u....


fil a pil on the matter.

as an alternate, you may complain to district authority/state govt. authority/media.

Total likes : 1 times




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x