Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

peterausger (d)     23 February 2018

Is it possible to remove the case from appearing in google?

Hello,
I want to remove my case from appearing in Google. Is is possible?

My case is appearing in indiankanoon.org

I have gone through the details and understood that only the  registry of the court can do it.

How can i approach the registry? Please advice.

Thanks

Can you remove or modify my court case?

We will not remove or modify any public documents without an order of the court competent to do so. Remember,
there are many, many copies of these court decisions in existence, and Indian Kanoon has just one of
those many copies. If you want information deleted, your only recourse is with the courts that issued the
judgment or order. You should contact the registry of the court directly or engage a lawyer to do so for you.

Can you at least block Google/Yahoo from accessing my judgment?

Yes but only for cases of divorce, maintenance, child adoption and child custody (or cases where the registry
of the court has failed to mask information as required under Section 228-A of the Indian Penal Code).
The cases from the Supreme Court will not be blocked. Send an email to webmaster@indiankanoon.com with the link/URL of the
case on Indian Kanoon. The requests are examined in a batch once 2-3 weeks and will take time. Also note that only "/doc/" and "/docfragment/"
will be blocked from the search engines. If Google/Yahoo still show the "/search/" link that may contain your case,
nothing can be done as search queries to the website are not specific to your case.

Learning

66 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : peterausger
Hello,

I have gone through the details and understood that only the  registry of the court can do it.

Thanks

We will not remove or modify any public documents without an order of the court competent to do so. Remember,
there are many, many copies of these court decisions in existence, and Indian Kanoon has just one of
those many copies. If you want information deleted, your only recourse is with the courts that issued the
judgment or order. You should contact the registry of the court directly or engage a lawyer to do so for you.

Yes but only for cases of divorce, maintenance, child adoption and child custody (or cases where the registry
of the court has failed to mask information as required under Section 228-A of the Indian Penal Code).
The cases from the Supreme Court will not be blocked. Send an email to webmaster@indiankanoon.com with the link/URL of the
case on Indian Kanoon. The requests are examined in a batch once 2-3 weeks and will take time. Also note that only "/doc/" and "/docfragment/"
will be blocked from the search engines. If Google/Yahoo still show the "/search/" link that may contain your case,
nothing can be done as search queries to the website are not specific to your case.

You cant do anything now.  It is in public domain now. Your name will be engraved in digital world forever and ever.  You should have thought before jumping into litigation pool. You are no special case.  There are lakhs of people whose names appear along with address on the internet due to court cases.

One thing you can do is change name and change address. Most people take this route as again going to court is not advisable.

(Guest)
Hello,

Thanks

You cant do anything now.  It is in public domain now. Your name will be engraved in digital world forever and ever.  You should have thought before jumping into litigation pool. You are no special case.  There are lakhs of people whose names appear along with address on the internet due to court cases.

One thing you can do is change name and change address. Most people take this route as again going to court is not advisable.

(Guest)
Hello,

Thanks

(Guest)
Hello,

Thanks

(Guest)
Hello,

Thanks

(Guest)
Hello,

Thanks

(Guest)
Hello,

Thanks

(Guest)
Hello,

Thanks

(Guest)
Hello,

Thanks

(Guest)
Hello,

Thanks

(Guest)
Hello,

Thanks

(Guest)
Hello,

Thanks

(Guest)
Hello,

Thanks

(Guest)
Hello,

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register