Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kiran   04 January 2021

Is it necessary to submit all my original documents in law colleges at the of joining

Dear Experts,

Is it necessary to submit al
l my original documents namely 10th , degree marksheet etc in case the law college that I am joining asks to submit the same ? Kindly respond at the earliest.

Thanks,
Kiran

Learning

6 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 January 2021

Yes, original documents of prospective students has to be verified.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 January 2021

There is nothing wrong to submit the original certificates for verification.  But the problem you may encounter is that if you abandon the course in the middle of the academic course, then colleges may retain such certificates as security for payment of entire course fees.

For example, you secured admission, through a process and got a seat on the basis fo a competitive examination, the course is for 3 years, if you abandon it after one year, the college can not get admission during the second and third years.   As such the colleges must forego or sacrifice the fees, as they can not collect such fees from you.  In view of this several colleges are retaining such certificates as security and will return only if entire courses are paid to them.

However, these two processes are different.1.Candidates must submit certificates for verification which must be returned to candidates.  2.Even if the student abandoned the courses, it is illegal to retain such certificates and colleges can only recover the fees through other means. 

But contrary to UGC/AICTE/HRD directives several colleges (in specific Engineering colleges) that the recognition has to be canceled if they retain such original certificates, still, colleges are retaining certificates as security for recovery of fees for the rest of the course.

P. Venu (Advocate)     05 January 2021

Yes, there is no such requirement. Extant norms only require that the Original Certificates are produced for verification. The College has no power or right to retain them.

However, it is an unfortunate situation many an institution are retaining then, purportedly, as security against the students leaving the course midstream, notwithstanding UGC instructions and Court Orders. It is only concerted action from the citizenry alone that can redeem the situation..  

Adv chirag Vajani (Advocate)     06 January 2021

No it is not mandatory to submit originals with all affiliated Colleges and deemed institutions under UGC act & rules made thereunder.

Kiran   08 January 2021

Dear Sirs, Thanks everyone for your quick response

JessicaGrahammanager   31 March 2021

Yes, be sure to submit all original documents for verification. Otherwise, you will not form the required package of documents. If you have a desire to take part in an introductory company, do not forget that now you can apply online. This also applies to writing an introductory essay. This year, in the role of excrement allowed to use writing services to create introductory essays. This is a great opportunity that saves a lot of time and effort. I advise you to use the options to write my essay for money, and if you want to write it yourself, you will have the opportunity to communicate with other writers. I wish you success in submitting documents.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register